Author Topic: Delaware store 'watched half a million rounds of ammo walk out the door' sparking major probe  (Read 238 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Delaware store 'watched half a million rounds of ammo walk out the door' sparking major probe
Story by Fionnuala Boyle • Tuesday

A sporting goods store in Delaware "watched half a million rounds of ammo walk out the door", an attorney said.

Attorney General Kathy Jennings, through her Office of Impact Litigation, asked the Superior Court to enforce a subpoena - a court summons - against Cabela’s, Inc (“Cabela’s”) after at least 500,000 rounds of ammunition were stolen from its store in the Christiana Mall in Newark in less than a year.

Investigators believe a substantial portion of it was sold to drug dealers and other criminals in Delaware and Pennsylvania.

The probe began over reports that significant amounts of ammunition were being stolen from Cabela’s, which at the time stored ammunition unsecured in the middle of the sales floor and "made no apparent effort to stop massive shoplifting".

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/delaware-store-watched-half-a-million-rounds-of-ammo-walk-out-the-door-sparking-major-probe/ar-AA1d7mS1?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=6df860ad053b474fbed71027de178c0c&ei=34
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I honestly don't know what to think,here.

There is no way in HELL one store could just "lose" that much ammo in one year and not be noticed.

It is also hard to believe that a big retail chain that wants to remain in business would by happy about listing losses on their statements instead of profits.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!