Author Topic: Muslim activist gives powerful speech against forced LGBTQ curriculum  (Read 324 times)

Offline Kamaji

Muslim activist gives powerful speech against forced LGBTQ curriculum: ‘Our people are not backward’

By Hannah Grossman, Fox News
June 28, 2023

Muslim parents delivered passionate speeches against elementary schoolchildren in Maryland’s Montgomery County Public Schools being forced to learn LGBTQ sexuality curriculum against parents’ wishes at a Tuesday school board meeting.

Parents, students and activists have taken issue over the past few weeks with the school district removing an opt-out option for LGBTQ sexuality curriculum.

“We [as Muslims] reject the implication that acting on our faith’s principles is a willful means of harming others. In fact, we see it as a point of bigotry that some only care for our community and will only protect our rights when we assimilate to their way of life and ways of thinking,” Sameera Munshi of the Coalition of Virtue said.

“Our faith is not partisan and our people are not backwards,” she continued. “Part of the American dream of our people is that they pass on their values to their children. But members of this school board have mocked our values and have said we cannot be allowed to opt our children out precisely because they want to end that dream.”

She added that Muslim parents have a constitutional First Amendment right to instill their values into their children. “[W]e ask that we at least have a choice for our children not to be forced to participate in celebrating or normalizing views that contradict our religion,” she said.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/06/28/muslim-activist-gives-powerful-speech-against-forced-lgbtq-curriculum-our-people-are-not-backward/

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
They will listen to the muzzies. But not the Christians.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Kamaji

They will listen to the muzzies. But not the Christians.

Then perhaps they should be making common cause?