Author Topic: Biden is ‘very open-minded’ about using psychedelic drugs to treat addiction: brother  (Read 414 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Biden is ‘very open-minded’ about using psychedelic drugs to treat addiction: brother
By Victor Nava   
June 28, 2023 7:41pm

President Biden’s younger brother revealed Wednesday that he has spoken to the commander in chief about using psychedelic drugs to treat addiction — and that the 80-year-old is “very open-minded” about it.

Frank Biden told Michael Smerconish, host of SiriusXM’s “The Michael Smerconish Program,” that his battle with alcoholism led him to explore the possibility of whether psychedelics — including LSD, ketamine and ayahuasca, which he referred to as “the godfather of them all” — could be used as medicine to treat mental health issues that lead to addiction.

“I have done a great deal of research, because I’m a recovering alcoholic for many, many years,” the 69-year-old first brother told Smerconish.

“I have looked into, as a result of doing lots of research, into early AA [Alcoholics Anonymous], it turns out that Bill Wilson, the founder of AA, although he was sober for many, many, many years, still suffered from major depression, which is, of course, a mental illness, just like having leukemia or any other physical ailment. And he had no solution. He was introduced in the very early years of lysergic acid and he did acid, and the psychedelic experience ameliorated, if not eliminated his depressive symptoms,” Biden explained.

He went on to describe how the federal government “looked deeply into the application of psychedelics for the treatment of addiction” in the 1950s and had “magnificent success” and that his own research on the subject has led him to hold a “personal belief” that “psychedelic can be considered a medicine.”

Smerconish probed Frank as to whether he’s had conversations with the president on the subject, which the first brother said that he has.

“Yes. He is very open-minded. Put it that way,” Biden said of his brother.

more
https://nypost.com/2023/06/28/joe-biden-is-very-open-minded-about-using-psychedelic-drugs-to-treat-addiction-frank-biden/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Awesome idea a person with an addictive personality substituting one drug with another more powerful one to stop dependence/addiction on the first. What could go wrong? But hey a grifter with no medical training studied the idea so yeah, good to go. And as far as Joe being open to it, I doubt he really understood a word of what he was told. What's the plan, psychedelic drug dispensaries(already got peyote, no?) all you need is a prescription from the Doc to treat alcoholism?

Offline mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PeteS in CA

It's "Hair of the dog", not "Fur coat of the dog".
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.