Author Topic: 41% of US adults approve of Biden. Here’s what a new poll tells us about the president  (Read 259 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
41% of US adults approve of Biden. Here’s what a new poll tells us about the president
By JOSH BOAK and EMILY SWANSON
Published 10:12 AM CDT, June 28, 2023

WASHINGTON (AP) — An improved U.S. economy has done little so far to improve support for President Joe Biden, according to a new poll from The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research.

Only 34% of U.S. adults approve of how Biden has handled the economy, a figure essentially unchanged from May. Biden’s overall approval rating is 41% — a reflection of today’s polarized politics with the 2024 presidential election on the horizon.

A summary of the survey’s findings and what they tell us about how the country is feeling about the Biden administration:

DEMOCRATIC SUPPORT RELATIVELY WEAK

A majority of Democrats back the president’s work, but the figures are relatively low for a candidate who will need their votes in 2024. Some 72% of Democrats approve of Biden’s job performance overall, while 60% back his handling of the economy.

excerpt:...

The poll of 1,220 adults was conducted June 22-26 using a sample drawn from NORC’s probability-based AmeriSpeak Panel, which is designed to be representative of the U.S. population. The margin of sampling error for all respondents is plus or minus 3.9 percentage points.

more
https://apnews.com/article/biden-poll-harris-survey-economy-354924a2ed1e4833668a2554f12c7f9f
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

From the article….

Only 34% of U.S. adults approve of how Biden has handled the economy, a figure essentially unchanged from May. Biden’s overall approval rating is 41% — a reflection of today’s polarized politics with the 2024 presidential election on the horizon.

Oh…so his low JAR has nothing to do with his dismal job performance. It’s all the result of our “polarized politics.”
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Idiots like Biden get elected because there are large blocks of people on government aid that will vote for them to keep all the "free stuff" coming in.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Idiots like Biden get elected because there are large blocks of people on government aid that will vote for them to keep all the "free stuff" coming in.

Like I said last night...almost HALF the country is on the dole is some form/way.

Yet, turning off the spigot with an adversarial media with insure that you never win another election.

So much for "Fiscal Conservatism" working in the "REAL WORLD".

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
LMAO posted:
"Only 34% of U.S. adults approve of how Biden has handled the economy"

and sneakypete jumped in with:
"Idiots like Biden get elected because there are large blocks of people on government aid that will vote for them to keep all the "free stuff" coming in."

It's no longer "the economy, stupid".
Not when there are "large blocks of people" -- millions upon millions upon millions -- on government aid.

These people don't care about "the economy". Indeed, the worse the economy gets, the more free stuff they're likely to receive.

These days, the primary force driving elections in the now Divided States of America is ideology.

That's why there's a solid cohort -- in this poll, 41% -- who vote for the DCommunists regardless of the economy. They don't care about it, they probably don't even know about it.

So, a word of advice to all you Briefer comrades who remain "fiscal neanderthals":
It ain't the economy no more, and likely won't be again.
For a LONG time to come.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2023, 12:55:27 am by Fishrrman »