Author Topic: Is This a Sign That the Media Is Starting to Worry About Joe Biden? Matt Vespa  (Read 395 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Is This a Sign That the Media Is Starting to Worry About Joe Biden?
Matt Vespa

The story isn’t going away. It’s now piqued the interest of liberal media outlets, and the White House Press Secretary’s office is getting testy about it. Karine Grey Poupon didn’t even attend yesterday’s briefing, entrusting her deputy to handle the press corps. For now, the White House position on Hunter Biden, whether the Department of Justice ran interference on the tax probes, and whether Joe Biden might be involved in a bribery scheme with Burisma holdings, of which he was paid $5 million in 2015-16, is to avoid answering questions about it. That’s not going to diffuse the situation. So, some in The New York Times editorial staff are trying to rebrand the Hunter and Joe Biden story by framing it as one about addiction and a father’s unconditional love.

https://twitter.com/NickKristof/status/1672590245756301313

If I had a son who was globetrotting and securing me millions of dollars through sleazy government access deals, I’d love him too, crack cocaine addiction and all. It’s not about that—come on. The alleged dirt on these two is piling up, and human interest stories don’t whitewash what’s becoming clearer by the day: Joe Biden will sell his soul to anyone for the right price.

Also, you need to be popular for this ‘I love my cracked-out son’ pivot to work. Joe Biden is the king of unpopularity; his vice president, the empress of the bilge pump, is worse in the polls. More voters are concerned about Biden’s mental and physical health.  This ticket is a walking disaster, and it’s an indictment on the Republican Party that they haven’t been able to beat them decisively. Tugging at the heartstrings doesn’t work when both sides hate each other, and we hate each other. That’s politics, the organization of our animosities.

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2023/06/28/nyt-columnist-look-past-hunter-bidens-crack-cocaine-infused-antics-and-corruption-joe-loves-him-n2625031
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
None of this matters because Biden isn't running,anyhow. He  will PRETEND he is until the last moment,and then he will step aside for "health reasons" and the DNC will anoint the new Dim Presidential Candidate when it is too late to really mount an effective campaign against him or her.

I used to laugh when people were saying that  Mr. Moochelle would be the next Dim candidate,but I'm not laughing so hard anymore. With all the money that large corporations like Pepsi are blowing away on adds targeting the "homosexual/transgender" market,SOMETHING is up.

And while it may be true that the typical neighbor of thee and me might not be crazy about supporting that sort of thing,the DNC base is NOT people like us. When you add all the dead voters and the imaginary voters,it's going to be tough to beat them.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
None of this matters because Biden isn't running,anyhow. He  will PRETEND he is until the last moment,and then he will step aside for "health reasons" and the DNC will anoint the new Dim Presidential Candidate when it is too late to really mount an effective campaign against him or her.

I used to laugh when people were saying that  Mr. Moochelle would be the next Dim candidate,but I'm not laughing so hard anymore. With all the money that large corporations like Pepsi are blowing away on adds targeting the "homosexual/transgender" market,SOMETHING is up.

And while it may be true that the typical neighbor of thee and me might not be crazy about supporting that sort of thing,the DNC base is NOT people like us. When you add all the dead voters and the imaginary voters,it's going to be tough to beat them.

My money is on Biden not being the nominee as well.

The only problem I see is that while the Dems are more united than we are, they also have their factions that will not stand quietly for a nominee essentially being "appointed" late in the process with whom they don't agree.  So while they may try to slip in a late nominee -- and I don't think it will be Michelle Obama -- there likely will be some rather public infighting over exactly who that is.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Is This a Sign That the Media Is Starting to Worry About Joe Biden?
Matt Vespa

The story isn’t going away. It’s now piqued the interest of liberal media outlets, and the White House Press Secretary’s office is getting testy about it. Karine Grey Poupon didn’t even attend yesterday’s briefing, entrusting her deputy to handle the press corps. For now, the White House position on Hunter Biden, whether the Department of Justice ran interference on the tax probes, and whether Joe Biden might be involved in a bribery scheme with Burisma holdings, of which he was paid $5 million in 2015-16, is to avoid answering questions about it. That’s not going to diffuse the situation. So, some in The New York Times editorial staff are trying to rebrand the Hunter and Joe Biden story by framing it as one about addiction and a father’s unconditional love.

https://twitter.com/NickKristof/status/1672590245756301313

If I had a son who was globetrotting and securing me millions of dollars through sleazy government access deals, I’d love him too, crack cocaine addiction and all. It’s not about that—come on. The alleged dirt on these two is piling up, and human interest stories don’t whitewash what’s becoming clearer by the day: Joe Biden will sell his soul to anyone for the right price.

Also, you need to be popular for this ‘I love my cracked-out son’ pivot to work. Joe Biden is the king of unpopularity; his vice president, the empress of the bilge pump, is worse in the polls. More voters are concerned about Biden’s mental and physical health.  This ticket is a walking disaster, and it’s an indictment on the Republican Party that they haven’t been able to beat them decisively. Tugging at the heartstrings doesn’t work when both sides hate each other, and we hate each other. That’s politics, the organization of our animosities.

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2023/06/28/nyt-columnist-look-past-hunter-bidens-crack-cocaine-infused-antics-and-corruption-joe-loves-him-n2625031

I think the entire idea that he should be excused (or even that we should feel sorry for him) because he was an addict is B.S.  The guy wasn't non-functional or laying in ditches.  He was clearly capable of scheming/planning/travelling, etc. etc. over extended periods where he was completely lucid.  They're trying to portray his misconduct as all happening while he was high, and that just isn't true.

Offline Kamaji

I think the entire idea that he should be excused (or even that we should feel sorry for him) because he was an addict is B.S.  The guy wasn't non-functional or laying in ditches.  He was clearly capable of scheming/planning/travelling, etc. etc. over extended periods where he was completely lucid.  They're trying to portray his misconduct as all happening while he was high, and that just isn't true.

:thumbsup: