Author Topic: Trump considers holding separate event during first GOP debate  (Read 155 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump considers holding separate event during first GOP debate
by Cami Mondeaux, Congressional Reporter |
June 28, 2023 08:32 AM

Former President Donald Trump has not indicated if he plans to participate in the first GOP primary debate in August, raising questions about whether the former president plans to watch from afar or attract the spotlight elsewhere.

Trump has repeatedly hinted he won’t participate in the primary debates, often pointing to his substantial lead in the polls to argue his presence would be unnecessary. The former president has even suggested options for counterprogramming to compete with the first debate, according to NBC.

“He wants to know what everyone thinks but will ultimately do what he wants to do,” a Trump adviser said. "But if he does not debate, I doubt he's staying home."

Trump’s absence on the debate stage could negatively affect the Republican National Committee, as well as Fox News ratings, as it would deprive the event of the party’s most prominent figure. As a result, several advisers and close allies have been pushing the former president to agree to debate.

Trump has not made a final decision on the matter, and a spokesperson for the former president did not respond to a request for comment by the Washington Examiner.

Meanwhile, the former president lashed out against Fox News, which is set to moderate the debate, earlier this week for its lack of coverage of his campaign events. Trump accused the outlet of ignoring his speeches while still relying on his debate participation to increase ratings.

“So FoxNews, which is down 37% in the Ratings, doesn’t cover my getting the ‘Man of the Decade’ Award (because of my great trade policies!) in Michigan, or my Keynote Speech for Faith & Freedom in D.C., and then wants me to show up and get them ratings for their ‘Presidential’ Debate, where I’m leading the field by 40 points,” Trump said in a Truth Social post. “Sorry FoxNews, life doesn’t work that way!!!”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/trump-considers-separate-event-during-first-gop-debate
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Trump considers holding separate event during first GOP debate
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2023, 01:37:17 pm »
Trump's constant refrain can be boiled down to:  "Me, me, me, it always has to be all about me".