Author Topic: Trump Team Livid at Kevin McCarthy After House Speaker's 2024 Comments  (Read 252 times)

Offline Kamaji

Trump Team Livid at Kevin McCarthy After House Speaker's 2024 Comments

By Joe Cunningham
June 28, 2023

It is inarguable that the rise of Kevin McCarthy can be directly tied to the rise of Donald Trump. The wave that swept Trump into office paved the way for multiple events that put McCarthy in the position he found himself in at the beginning of this year.

The Trump folks will tell you that McCarthy would not be Speaker if not for Trump. I’m not sure that Trump had a positive impact on the 2022 midterms, but it’s clear that Trump’s initial rise to power and the Democrats’ crazed reaction to Trump did make it possible.

But Trump was not a factor in the races that gave the House to Republicans – New York and California congressional seats among them. Still, Trump and his people believe that McCarthy owes Trump the maximum amount of loyalty, and the Speaker’s recent comments about 2024 have sent Trump’s team over the edge.

Trump world flipped out. Top aides to the former president and allies who know both men quickly traded messages asking, in short: What the bleep?

Some called McCarthy a “moron.” Others looked to Trump campaign hand Brian Jack, who also advises the speaker and has been a critical bridge between both men, to play mediator as Trump hit the trail in New Hampshire.

McCarthy immediately pivoted into clean-up mode. He called Trump to apologize, according to the New York Times. He offered Breitbart reporter Matt Boyle an exclusive interview, during which he walked the comments back and accused the media of taking them out of context.

Source:  https://redstate.com/joesquire/2023/06/28/trump-team-livid-at-kevin-mccarthy-after-house-speakers-2024-comments-n768424

Offline Kamaji

Oh dearie, another proverbial "stab in the back"

:rolleyes:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2023, 02:18:08 pm »
Joe Cunningham

It is inarguable that the rise of Kevin McCarthy can be directly tied to the rise of Donald Trump. The wave that swept Trump into office paved the way for multiple events that put McCarthy in the position he found himself in at the beginning of this year.

The Trump folks will tell you that McCarthy would not be Speaker if not for Trump. I’m not sure that Trump had a positive impact on the 2022 midterms, but it’s clear that Trump’s initial rise to power and the Democrats’ crazed reaction to Trump did make it possible.

But Trump was not a factor in the races that gave the House to Republicans – New York and California congressional seats among them. Still, Trump and his people believe that McCarthy owes Trump the maximum amount of loyalty, and the Speaker’s recent comments about 2024 have sent Trump’s team over the edge.

Trump world flipped out. Top aides to the former president and allies who know both men quickly traded messages asking, in short: What the bleep?

Some called McCarthy a “moron.” Others looked to Trump campaign hand Brian Jack, who also advises the speaker and has been a critical bridge between both men, to play mediator as Trump hit the trail in New Hampshire.

McCarthy immediately pivoted into clean-up mode. He called Trump to apologize, according to the New York Times. He offered Breitbart reporter Matt Boyle an exclusive interview, during which he walked the comments back and accused the media of taking them out of context.

more
https://redstate.com/joesquire/2023/06/28/trump-team-livid-at-kevin-mccarthy-after-house-speakers-2024-comments-n768424
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Trump and his MAGA supporters are highly emotional beings

It seems that they like to take credit for successes but blame everybody and everything else when things don’t go as planned or hoped for them
« Last Edit: June 28, 2023, 02:57:55 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Everything with Trump is transactional, never principled.  So if he endorses another candidate, it's not just him saying "I think this is the best person for the job".  It's him saying "I endorsed you, so now you owe me going forward."

That's just crap.  McCarthy said Trump's policies were better than Biden's, and that Trump could beat Biden.  He was non-committal only on the issue of whether Trump was the candidate most likely to beat Biden - he didn't even mention or claim that another GOP candidate would be better than Trump.

So sick of this crap from him....

Offline corbe

FTA:

It’s a matter of narrative at this point. Trump and his team feel entitled to the support of people he has supported, endorsed, or been friendly to. Even beyond that, he feels entitled to the support of the entire Republican Party because he was their president once upon a time.

And therein lies the problem, that sense of ENTITLEMENT.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LMAO

FTA:

And therein lies the problem, that sense of ENTITLEMENT.

And not just from Trump himself

His MAGAs believe the same thing
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy