Author Topic: Good Guy With a Gun? Las Vegas Police Secretive About Shooting at High Rise  (Read 380 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Good Guy With a Gun? Las Vegas Police Secretive About Shooting at High Rise
Fred Lucas / @FredLucasWH / June 27, 2023

Local media reports say that residents of a Las Vegas condo complex hailed a building employee as a hero for shooting and stopping a gunman Friday before he fired on anyone. Las Vegas police, however, aren't providing details. (Photo of Las Vegas skyline: Rebecca Ang/Getty Images)

Las Vegas police are withholding details about what looks like a classic “good guy with a gun” scenario in which someone carrying a firearm prevents what could have turned into a mass shooting.

The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department won’t identify anyone involved in an incident Friday in which a helmet-wearing man with what appeared to be a semiautomatic rifle shot out windows at a high-rise condominium before being shot himself.

Local media reports say that residents of the condo complex, Turnberry Towers, hailed a building employee, possibly a security guard or mailroom worker, as a hero for shooting and stopping the gunman before he fired on anyone.

A video circulating on social media does appear to depict a case of defensive gun use to protect others. 

https://www.dailysignal.com/2023/06/27/good-guy-with-a-gun-las-vegas-police-secretive-about-shooting-at-high-rise/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline mountaineer

Man facing charges after shooting near north end of Las Vegas Strip
Story by Kyle J. Paine • Yesterday 6:41 PM
KLAS via MSN

LAS VEGAS (KLAS) — An employee in the Turnberry Towers’ receiving department opened fire on an armed visitor to the gated condominium community Friday, wounding the gunman and sending him to jail, the 8 News Now Investigators have learned.

Prosecutors have charged Andrew Warrender, 32, with attempted murder, two counts of assault with the use of a deadly weapon, and illegally discharging a gun, documents said.

Warrender was in custody at the Clark County Detention Center as of Tuesday without bail. ...

Police said they received a call shortly after 3 p.m. on Friday, about the shooting at the complex, which is in the 300 block of Karen Avenue. When officers arrived, they found two people involved, one who was injured from a gunshot wound. That person is believed to be Warrender.
KLAS needs better writers. At first, I thought it was the building employee who was criminally charged. Apparently not.

More:

https://twitter.com/LasVegasLocally/status/1673841546809180161
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I HOPE I am wrong,but it  SEEMS  like there might be a plan to charge and convict the guy that shot the original shooter.

I also suspect the big  dollar lawyer defending the employee that shot the attacker MIGHT be pushing that because it makes his client seem less guilty.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I HOPE I am wrong,but it  SEEMS  like there might be a plan to charge and convict the guy that shot the original shooter.

I also suspect the big  dollar lawyer defending the employee that shot the attacker MIGHT be pushing that because it makes his client seem less guilty.
Maybe, but it's a tough case to make. Anyone who shoots their way through the front doors of a building isn't there to play pattycake.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis