Author Topic: Clown World: Transgender Cyclist Claims Biological Men Are 'Underrepresented' in Women's Sports  (Read 186 times)

Offline Kamaji

Clown World: Transgender Cyclist Claims Biological Men Are 'Underrepresented' in Women's Sports

By Jeff Charles
June 27, 2023

Austin Killips, a biological male cyclist who competes with biological women, found solace in the cycling community during the USA Cycling Pro Road championships in Knoxville, Tennessee. Having faced backlash after becoming the first transgender woman to win a UCI 2.2-registered stage racing event, he expressed his love for the sport and the support he received from fellow cyclists.

“It was nice to have this experience with others that sort of refuted my anxieties and reminded me that this is a really great and wonderful sport filled with people that I love dearly,” Killips said during an interview with Knox News on Saturday.

In the conversation, Killips also stated his belief that there were not enough biological men competing in women’s sports and expressed fear that backlash against this trend would prevent more men from entering these events:

It’s certainly concerning that the nature of the discourse, the amount of energy that has gone into building this narrative would lead you to believe that there’s this massive number of trans athletes participating in sports and winning all the time, when the reality is that we’re statistically underrepresented. By the number, some of us do well, a lot of us do just fine, are just normal competitors.

If the rules say trans people can play, then it doesn’t mean that we can’t win.

That’s right, folks. Killips thinks biological men are “underrepresented” in women’s sports, showing once again that we are living in a clown world. But the issue isn’t just that people like Killips think more men should be competing with women. The issue is that they truly expect to gaslight, cajole, coerce, or shame the rest of us into co-signing that nonsense. Those around him are participating in a mass illusion to make certain folks feel good and virtuous.

Source:  https://redstate.com/jeffc/2023/06/27/clown-world-transgender-cyclist-claims-biological-men-are-underrepresented-in-womens-sports-n768326