Author Topic: JUST IN: U.S. Desperately Needs Cyber Talent, Congress Says  (Read 120 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
JUST IN: U.S. Desperately Needs Cyber Talent, Congress Says
6/26/2023
By Cambrie Eckert   

With almost 700,000 cybersecurity job openings, the United States doesn’t have enough cybersecurity experts to protect the nation’s critical infrastructure and federal networks from cyber threats, according to members of industry and Congress.

Representatives and witnesses painted an alarming picture of the shortfall in cybersecurity talent during a June 22 House Homeland Security Committee subcommittee on cybersecurity and infrastructure hearing.

“We need not only enough people, but the right people with the right skills in the right jobs to meet the growing cyber threat,” said Rep. Andrew Garbarino, R-N.Y. “In April, the FBI director testified to Congress that even if all FBI cyber-agents and [intelligence] analysts focused on the China threat, Chinese hackers would still outnumber our FBI cyber personnel at least 50 to one. That is extremely concerning.”

https://www.nationaldefensemagazine.org/articles/2023/6/26/us-desperately-needs-cyber-talent-congress-says
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: JUST IN: U.S. Desperately Needs Cyber Talent, Congress Says
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2023, 09:17:01 pm »
Maybe they can get Chinese illegals to help out. :0001:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson