Author Topic: ‘Stop debating’ over space weapons and prepare for conflict: Space Force general  (Read 103 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
PACE
‘Stop debating’ over space weapons and prepare for conflict: Space Force general
America's space operators need to "get to the point of how do we responsibly... deter conflict that nobody wants to see, but if we do see it, demonstrate our ability to win?" said Maj. Gen. David Miller.
By   THERESA HITCHENS
on June 26, 2023 at 5:24 PM
Maj. Gen. David Miller

WASHINGTON — The Space Force urgently needs to develop a broad range of offensive and defensive counterspace weapons based on orbit to counter China — starting with a clear policy statement of US government intent and the development of an integrated plan for building such an arsenal, argues a new paper from the Mitchell Institute.

They’re recommendations that “resonate with almost every Guardian that’s out there” and with “United States Space Command in particular,” said Maj. Gen. David Miller, US Space Command director of operations, training, and force development (J3), during an online Mitchell Institute event today to unveil the policy paper.

“We’ve got to … stop debating if it’s a warfighting domain, stop debating whether there are weapons, and get to the point of how do we responsibly, as part of the joint and combined force, deter conflict that nobody wants to see, but if we do see it, demonstrate our ability to win?” he said. “We have to get about the process and the prospects of — from multiple domains, not just the space domain — providing capability to find, fix and deny any adversary capability to find and target US forces or allied forces.”

https://breakingdefense.com/2023/06/stop-debating-over-space-weapons-and-prepare-for-conflict-space-force-general/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson