Author Topic: Russia drops charges against Wagner Group as leader Yevgeny Prigozhin states coup was not their goal  (Read 364 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Russia drops charges against Wagner Group as leader Yevgeny Prigozhin states coup was not their goal
Human Events, Jun 27, 2023

Russia has reportedly dropped criminal charges against Yevgeny Prigozhin and other members of the Wagner group. This after the group, led by Yevgeny Prigohzin, was said to be advancing on Moscow last week.

Russian President Vladimir Putin and Prigozhin had come to an agreement that resulted in amnesty for Wagner fighters. The development came about after Wagner troops claimed to have taken over a military installation in southern Russia near the Ukrainian border and begun a march toward Moscow.

An announcement by Russia’s Federal Security Service (FSB) further revealed that Prigozhin and his associates would not face any criminal charges. Prigozhin said to be exiled to Belarus.

The Russian Defense Ministry announced Wagner soldiers were prepared to give military equipment to the Russian army, according to the New York Times.

The Wagner group, a pirvate militia, which is made up of roughly 25,000 soldiers, has a wide range of military equipment, including aircraft, tanks, and rocket launcher systems.

“It was established that its participants stopped their actions directly aimed at committing a crime on June 24,” the FSB said in a statement. “Taking into account these and other circumstances of value to the investigation, the investigative agency resolved on June 27 to terminate the criminal case.”

[...]

As part of the agreement between Putin and Prigozhin, the Wagner troops will become part of the Russian forces, under the control of the Russian Defense Ministry, by July 1.

https://humanevents.com/2023/06/27/russia-drops-charges-against-wagner-group-as-leader-yevgeny-prigozhin-states-coup-was-not-their-goal?utm_campaign=64483

As part of the agreement between Putin and Prigozhin, the Wagner troops will become part of the Russian forces, under the control of the Russian Defense Ministry, by July 1.

Doesn't this put the Russian army within 50 miles of Kiev?

Does Russia now take control of the $6.2 billion Pentagon "accounting error"?

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Doesn't this put the Russian army within 50 miles of Kiev?

Only if they start putting the Wagner people there. The last I read the forces were returning to their original positions.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Only if they start putting the Wagner people there. The last I read the forces were returning to their original positions.

Oh, okay.  I thought they were already outside Kiev.   Thanks.

Offline Kamaji

Russian coup leader was warned he would be ‘crushed like a bug’ if troops reached Moscow

By Ronny Reyes
June 27, 2023

Wagner Group commander Yevgeny Prigozhin was warned his troops would be “crushed like a bug” if they reached Moscow during their coup attempt, it was revealed Tuesday.

Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko said he told the mercenary leader that his men would be utterly destroyed, while describing how he negotiated a deal for Wagner to halt the mutinous march in exchange for immunity, CNN reported.

Lukashenko detailed his frenzied back-and-forth phone calls with Russian President Vladimir Putin and Prigozhin on Saturday to try to halt the coup attempt, during which the Wagner chief mainly swore.

He said Prigozhin had been adamant about advancing to Moscow as a show of protest for the alleged wrongdoings against Wagner, but the mercenary leader quickly changed his tune once the negotiator informed him that he would face devastating results.

“For a long time, I was trying to convince him. And in the end, I said, ‘You know, you can do whatever you want. But don’t be offended by me. Our brigade is ready for transfer to Moscow,’ ” Lukashenko, a longtime Putin ally, told state media.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/06/27/russian-coup-leader-was-warned-he-would-be-crushed-like-a-bug-if-troops-reached-moscow/