Author Topic: Former Navy SEAL Announces Run To Unseat Jon Tester In 2024  (Read 232 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Former Navy SEAL Announces Run To Unseat Jon Tester In 2024

Mary Lou Masters
Contributor
June 27, 2023 8:40 AM ET
Font Size:

Montana Republican businessman and former Navy SEAL Tim Sheehy announced his candidacy Tuesday to unseat Democratic Sen. Jon Tester in 2024, according to a campaign video.

The National Republican Senatorial Committee (NRSC) Chairman Sen. Steve Daines has been encouraging Sheehy to enter the GOP primary field, where he could face House Freedom Caucus member Rep. Matt Rosendale. Sheehy drew on his time serving in Afghanistan after 9/11, as well as his entrepreneurship in Montana, while pledging to focus his campaign on “service, God and country,” according to the video.

“Whether it was in war or business, I see problems and solve them. America needs conservative leaders who love our country, and that’s why I’m running for the United States Senate,” Sheehy said in the video. “I want to create a better future for my kids, and your children and grandchildren. Our campaign is about service, God and country, not politics as usual.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ScveOJBlII&ab_channel=TimSheehy

more
https://dailycaller.com/2023/06/27/tim-sheehy-montana-republican-launches-senate-bid-jon-tester/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline roamer_1

Re: Former Navy SEAL Announces Run To Unseat Jon Tester In 2024
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2023, 02:48:03 pm »
Quote from: the article
Former Navy SEAL Announces Run To Unseat Jon Tester In 2024

[...]Sen. Steve Daines has been encouraging Sheehy to enter the GOP primary field, where he could face House Freedom Caucus member Rep. Matt Rosendale.

So which one is it?  :pondering:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2023, 03:23:29 pm »

So which one is it?  :pondering:

Ashley Oliver27 Jun 2023Washington, DC13
2:56

Republican Tim Sheehy, a retired Navy SEAL, announced Tuesday he is challenging Sen. Jon Tester (D-MT) in the race for U.S. Senate in battleground Montana.

Sheehy, a decorated combat veteran who now serves as the CEO of Bridger Aerospace, highlighted in a statement of his decision to run that he founded that company and others and has worked to create jobs, especially for veterans and college students, in his home state.

https://www.breitbart.com/2024-election/2023/06/27/navy-seal-veteran-tim-sheehy-launches-senate-bid-in-battleground-montana/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2023, 03:51:38 pm »
Ahh... Last line in the article... I see... Rosendale may also go after Testercle's seat. So Sheehy and Rosendale would be primary opponents for the seat... I get it.

Bridger... Yep, that's an east of the hump name... Billings/Bozeman area likely... So right in Testercle country. But what seems to be missing is 'farmer'. East of the hump the game is big oil vs. big farm. And they elect their own.

Big cities, Billings/Bozeman, Butte, and Great Falls have a ton of pull, but it's kinda balanced - Politically owned by Democrats, offset with business being largely Republican. That's why they tend to be purple over there, with a fair edge to the Democrats.

What often decides the game is the rural farmers, and they will always elect their own.
Without that, it's a tough row to oust Testercle.

Here's hoping... Though I think Rosendale has earned the seat if he wants it. Let Sheehy come up through the House.