Author Topic: New Study Finds Russian Sea Levels Were 7-9 Meters Higher Than Today From 8000-4000 Years Ago  (Read 210 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New Study Finds Russian Sea Levels Were 7-9 Meters Higher Than Today From 8000-4000 Years Ago
By Kenneth Richard on 26. June 2023

Share this...
The belief that modern sea levels and sea level change rates are unprecedentedly high takes another hit.
Per a new study, sea levels were ~9.5 m higher than today about 8000 years ago (White Sea, northwestern Russia), then fell to ~7 m higher than today by around 4000 years ago.

From that point in the Middle Holocene, the sea levels plummeted (by 7 m) to the present. Today’s sea levels are likely the lowest since the last glaciation in this region.

Early Holocene sea level change rates ranged from 35 to 100 mm per year. Compare this to the 1.56 mm per year change rates experienced from 1900-2018 (Frederikse et al., 2020).

http://notrickszone.com/#sthash.uBc77k0X.dyCnhsLQ.dpbs
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson