Author Topic: Sweden axes renewable energy targets, shifts back to nuclear  (Read 255 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Sweden axes renewable energy targets, shifts back to nuclear
By Joanne Nova |June 27th, 2023

Sweden has thrown away the sacred renewables talisman and opened the escape valve from the Temple of WindySolar-Inc. They’ve done the obvious thing anyone worried about CO2 would have done in 1992 — aimed for nuclear.

They have switched their 100% “renewables” target by 2045 to a 100% fossil-free target. It’s still a pagan antipathy of the sixth element of the periodic table. But at least it’s a more pragmatic version.

Sweden topped the EU list for renewables share of energy in the last tally — albeit with mostly biomass and hydropower. It was a star of the renewables set — number 1 on the Climate Council list of the “11 countries leading the way“. Yet here they are, effectively giving up on the unreliable generators. Surely this must hurt?

https://www.cfact.org/2023/06/27/sweden-axes-renewable-energy-targets-shifts-back-to-nuclear/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline MajorClay

Re: Sweden axes renewable energy targets, shifts back to nuclear
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2023, 06:50:32 pm »
 :amen: :amen: