Author Topic: 'Will bring new vehicles that run on...'  (Read 442 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
'Will bring new vehicles that run on...'
« on: June 27, 2023, 10:54:01 am »

'Will bring new vehicles that run on...' - BIG ANNOUNCEMENT by Nitin Gadkari
Story by Times Now Digital • Yesterday 7:55 am

The Modi government is planning on bringing in new vehicles which run entirely on Ethanol. Speaking on the matter, Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways, Nitin Gadkari has said that the new vehicles will be introduced soon.

The Minister was speaking at an event in Nagpur on Sunday when he recalled a recent meeting with the chairman of automobile manufacturing company Mercedes Benz. It is to be noted that Mercedes Benz has recently launched an electric vehicle, reported PTI.

"He (the chairman) told me they would make electric vehicles only in future," said Gadkari.

"We are bringing new vehicles that will run entirely on ethanol. Bajaj, TVS and Hero scooters will run 100 per cent on ethanol," he added, the PTI report mentioned.

https://www.msn.com/en-in/news/other/will-bring-new-vehicles-that-run-on-big-announcement-by-nitin-gadkari/ar-AA1d3dzg
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: 'Will bring new vehicles that run on...'
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2023, 11:20:39 am »
Pure Ethanol Engines Could Pack a Big Punch

https://ethanolproducer.com/blog/article/2014/11/pure-ethanol-engines-could-pack-a-big-punch

A Canadian farmer and hot rodder recently talked with me about altering engines for pure ethanol. If E85 were widely available, the work racers are doing in this area could be applied to street vehicles with a positive impact on fuel mileage.

By Holly Jessen | November 17, 2014

A while ago, a reader commented on a story posted to Ethanol Producer Magazine, mentioning that he and other hot rodders are starting to build true ethanol engines that cannot burn even a cup of gasoline and that produce a lot of power from small motors. “FFV actually present ethanol economy very poorly as they tolerate ethanol but are built for gasoline,” he wrote, adding that an “ethanol engine needs 14:1 compression, 9:1 fuel air ratio and advanced ignition timing.”

Keith Jacobs is a grain farmer from Daysland, Alberta, Canada. Jacobs Farms Daysland consists of 5,500 acres of land where wheat, peas and canola is grown. Besides his work on the farm, Jacobs is an oilfield consultant and a former drag racer that sponsors a funny car, a type of drag racing vehicle. It’s in the alcohol class, which is up to 3,000 horsepower, and it burns methanol.

Other than on the race track, legally, mountain climbing is one of the few places where unlimited horsepower can be used. “The object is to spin the track, which is 160 inches long, as fast as possible,” he said. “Kind of like trying to ride a chain saw. … We lighten the machines as much as possible. The best are 400 horsepower and 400 pounds.”

He then pointed out that the same motor (1100 cc and 60 cubic in) could easily power an economy car and get great mileage. Once he has access to E85 in his area, he plans to take the original motor out of one of his two Corvettes and put in an alcohol motor. In fact, if he lived in Iowa, he’d do that right now. “If a really small ethanol motor is used, the car can be made much lighter, as all supporting components such as frame etc., can be lighter,” he said. “In a gasoline-powered car the motor almost always weighs more than two passengers.” The process of altering an engine to use biofuels is one he is familiar with. “I am presently making small mods to my diesel equipment to burn B100,” he said.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2023, 11:31:35 am »
So, how does one ramp up ethanol production without significantly curtailing food production?

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2023, 12:10:02 pm »
So, how does one ramp up ethanol production without significantly curtailing food production?

Not to worry, you can ramp up Soylent Green production to fill the grain void.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2023, 12:50:55 pm »
Dig in.  :Cricket:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org