Author Topic: NYC Pizzerias versus Climate Change Busybodies  (Read 161 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NYC Pizzerias versus Climate Change Busybodies
« on: June 27, 2023, 10:35:30 am »
NYC Pizzerias versus Climate Change Busybodies
9 hours ago Charles Rotter

There is a storm brewing in the New York City food scene, a storm born out of seemingly well-intentioned climate change regulations. Yet, the key question remains, is it a storm we need to weather?

According to a recent article from The Post, the New York City Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) has proposed new rules targeting decades-old baking methods in pizzerias. Specifically, the department is cracking down on coal-and-wood-fired ovens, demanding a 75% reduction in carbon emissions. DEP spokesman Ted Timbers explains,

“All New Yorkers deserve to breathe healthy air and wood and coal-fired stoves are among the largest contributors of harmful pollutants in neighborhoods with poor air quality.”

While the desire for cleaner air is something we can all get behind, the overall impact of these regulations is questionable at best. A city official admitted that less than 100 restaurants would be affected by the mandate, leading us to ask, is it worth it?

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/06/26/nyc-pizzerias-versus-climate-change-busybodies/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson