Author Topic: At least three dead, five injured in early morning shootings in Kansas City, Missouri  (Read 132 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
At least three dead, five injured in early morning shootings in Kansas City, Missouri
Police were told the victims' injuries were not life-threatening.

June 25, 2023, 2:32 PM EDT
By Associated Press
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — At least three people have been found dead, and at least five others are thought to be injured, police in Missouri said while investigating two shootings with multiple victims in the same area of Kansas City early Sunday.

Officers were called to the intersection of 57th Street and Prospect Avenue just after 4:30 a.m. where they found three shooting victims — two men and one women — dead in a parking lot and in the street, Kansas City Police Department spokesperson Jake Becchina said in an email.

Police were told that five other shooting victims with injuries that were not life-threatening arrived at various hospitals by private vehicles or ambulance, Becchina said, adding: “Preliminary information indicates there was a large gathering of people in a parking lot at the intersection when the victims were shot.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-courts/least-three-dead-five-injured-early-morning-shootings-kansas-city-miss-rcna91037
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson