Author Topic: Diversity's Fatal Attraction  (Read 142 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Diversity's Fatal Attraction
« on: June 26, 2023, 05:31:13 pm »
June 26, 2023
Diversity's Fatal Attraction
By Brian C. Joondeph

Diversity and its cousins, inclusion and equity, are woke America’s new guiding principles. Sports, education, media, government, military, and big business are all in on the “DEI” mantra.

Rearrange the letters from DEI to DIE. Is that a more fitting acronym for where this recent liberal push may lead?

There is nothing wrong with diversity, as long as that extends to all aspects of humanity. Why only diversity of skin color and gender? Are those the only determinants of diversity?

A civil rights icon with a national holiday in his name, once spoke of the true measure of his fellow man, ”I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.”

Diversity is now contrary to Martin Luther King, Jr’s dream. What about diversity of thought, ideas, political views, and so on? How tolerant was the government, and its big tech and social media propaganda arms, over diverse views on COVID vaccines, masks, distancing, lockdowns, and off-label therapeutics? Can we have diverse views on transgenderism, Ukraine, or Trump?

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2023/06/diversitys_fatal_attraction.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Re: Diversity's Fatal Attraction
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2023, 05:32:21 pm »
Diversity of skin color and gender are two of the least important human characteristics that can be present in diverse sorts.  Intellectual diversity is much more important.