Author Topic: NYC rules crack down on coal, wood-fired pizzerias  (Read 373 times)

Offline Kamaji

NYC rules crack down on coal, wood-fired pizzerias
« on: June 26, 2023, 01:29:41 pm »
Mama Mia! NYC rules crack down on coal, wood-fired pizzerias — must cut carbon emissions up to 75%

By Carl Campanile and Kevin Sheehan
June 25, 2023

Mamma Mia!

Historic Big Apple pizza joints could be forced to dish out mounds of dough under a proposed city edict targeting pollutant-spewing coal-and-wood-fired ovens, The Post has learned.

The New York City Department of Environmental Protection has drafted new rules that would order eateries using the decades-old baking method to slice carbon emissions by up to 75%.

“All New Yorkers deserve to breathe healthy air and wood and coal-fired stoves are among the largest contributors of harmful pollutants in neighborhoods with poor air quality,” DEP spokesman Ted Timbers said in a statement Sunday. “This common-sense rule, developed with restaurant and environmental justice groups, requires a professional review of whether installing emission controls is feasible.”

The rule could require pizzerias with such ovens installed prior to May 2016 to buy pricey emission-control devices — with the owner of one Brooklyn joint saying he’s already tossed $20,000 on an air filter system in anticipation of the new mandate.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/06/25/nyc-rules-crack-down-on-coal-wood-fired-pizzerias-must-cut-carbon-emissions-up-to-75/

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: NYC rules crack down on coal, wood-fired pizzerias
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2023, 02:16:49 pm »
 rrthree I'm so glad NYC has its crime problem under control and can move on to minor issues like this. rrthree
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2023, 04:18:33 pm »
rrthree I'm so glad NYC has its crime problem under control and can move on to minor issues like this. rrthree

Exactly

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2023, 08:26:27 pm »
From the Babylon Bee: Trump Indicted In New York For Eating Pizza Cooked In Wood-Burning Oven
NEW YORK, NY — Former President Donald Trump continues to find himself on the receiving end of serious legal charges after being indicted in New York for eating pizza cooked in a wood-burning oven.

"He must face justice for this heinous act," said New York City Mayor Eric Adams. "Everyone knows wood-burning pizza ovens are a danger to public safety and pose the most immediate threat to our democracy. President Trump must learn he is not above the law." ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2023, 08:29:37 pm »
Because in the midst of all this...

Shutting down a few pizzerias will make such a big difference.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2023, 08:44:31 pm »
So weird ... I mean really really weird. Someone in politics has investments in carbon reduction systems. With
Democrats, nothing they do is really about what they claim. Democrats don't give a flying shit about 'the environment' or so-called 'climate change'. Democrats only care about money and power, and that is all they care about. All this will do is cause more restaurants to close. And it will drive even more businesses and people out of NYC.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2023, 08:47:23 pm »
So weird ... I mean really really weird. Someone in politics has investments in carbon reduction systems. With
Democrats, nothing they do is really about what they claim. Democrats don't give a flying shit about 'the environment' or so-called 'climate change'. Democrats only care about money and power, and that is all they care about. All this will do is cause more restaurants to close. And it will drive even more businesses and people out of NYC.
Could just be another opportunity for inspectors to pick up a little on the side...Nice place you got here, be a shame if it was in violation...

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2023, 09:13:09 pm »
Could just be another opportunity for inspectors to pick up a little on the side...Nice place you got here, be a shame if it was in violation...
Yep. It's never about what they say it is about.
The same with gays chanting, "We are coming for your children!" This 'explosion' of radical faggotry in America is all intended to distract the public from Joe and Hunter Biden. It has nothing to do with homosexuals or trans people.
It is never about what they claim it is about. It is all about control and distractions.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2023, 09:49:05 pm »
Yep. It's never about what they say it is about.
The same with gays chanting, "We are coming for your children!" This 'explosion' of radical faggotry in America is all intended to distract the public from Joe and Hunter Biden. It has nothing to do with homosexuals or trans people.
It is never about what they claim it is about. It is all about control and distractions.
Yep. Smoke and mirrors to conceal the rot underneath.

C S Lewis

Online corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.