Author Topic: Siemans Energy stocks fall 36% — turbines are degrading faster than expected  (Read 236 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Siemans Energy stocks fall 36% — turbines are degrading faster than expected
Siemens, Gamesa, Onshore Wind Turbine SG 6.6-170
The new onshore models have rotors 170 meters long  | Siemens Gamesa

By Jo Nova

It’s a bloodbath in the wind industry.

Despite the wind being free, collecting it appears to cost a fortune.  Siemens Energy lost a third of its stock price on Friday. Just like that, seven billion dollars in market value disappeared.

Only a month ago they were expecting to break even, as the Wall Street Journal reports, the executives appear to have been blindsided by the rapidly escalating maintenance costs. The problem is so bad, and perhaps fundamental, that shareholders in other turbine manufacturers are selling out. Vestas Wind fell 7% Friday.

The promise was that wind turbines would keep getting cheaper as they got bigger and better. Instead, issues are appearing now even in new installations, and people are starting to wonder if they’ve made the turbines too big too fast. The bearings and blades are wearing out, and the costs to fix them are crippling.

https://joannenova.com.au/2023/06/siemans-energy-stocks-fall-36-turbines-are-degrading-faster-than-expected/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=siemans-energy-stocks-fall-36-turbines-are-degrading-faster-than-expected
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-