Author Topic: Stop blaming everything on climate change! Eco-campaigners link global warming to everything from di  (Read 212 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Stop blaming everything on climate change! Eco-campaigners link global warming to everything from divorce to the war in Ukraine - but this myopic view could be catastrophic, warns Professor MIKE HULME
By MIKE HULME

PUBLISHED: 19:56 EDT, 24 June 2023 | UPDATED: 20:53 EDT, 24 June 2023

One of the educational pages about climate change on the BBC’s website for children laid out the negative impacts of future global warming. But it also pointed out that warmer temperatures could mean healthier outdoor lifestyles, open up shipping routes in the Arctic through the melting ice and allow easier access to oil in Alaska and Siberia.

Cue outrage from climate scientists and climate pressure groups. In response, the BBC removed mention of such ‘benefits’. Children were only to learn of the negative impacts of climate change.

This was a telling example of how the prevailing ideology of ‘climatism’ insists on a single narrative from which there can be no deviation.

For climate change is cited as the sole explanation for everything going wrong in the world. Drought, famine, flooding, wars, racism – you name it. And if it’s bad, it’s down to global warming caused by humans.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-12230739/Brilliant-new-book-Cambridge-professor-warns-Stop-blaming-climate-change.html
« Last Edit: June 26, 2023, 10:59:41 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson