Author Topic: No, WaPo, a Texas Heat Wave has Nothing to Do with Global Climate Change  (Read 202 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
No, WaPo, a Texas Heat Wave has Nothing to Do with Global Climate Change
By Anthony Watts -June 23, 20230

The Washington Post (WaPo) has published a story claiming that the heat wave in Texas this week is “tied to climate change.” This is false – it is a weather event, not a climate event. Texas experiences heatwaves on a regular basis, and history shows that Texas experienced event greater heat waves in both intensity and duration long before climate change ever became an issue.

The WaPo story, written by reporter Dan Stillman is titled “The troubling heat in Texas and its ties to climate change in 5 maps” and makes these claims:

Texas is no stranger to searing heat, but the heat wave that arrived last week is becoming exceptional for its intensity and duration. Air temperatures have soared past 100 degrees for multiple days, even exceeding 110 in spots, and the sizzling heat index has reached as high as 125. Excessive-heat warnings are in effect into the middle of the week for a massive chunk of the state and could be extended.

The scientific literature is replete with studies connecting the intensity, frequency, duration and size of heat waves such as this to human-caused climate change.

https://climaterealism.com/2023/06/no-wapo-a-texas-heat-wave-has-nothing-to-do-with-global-climate-change/
« Last Edit: June 26, 2023, 10:45:22 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson