Author Topic: The Green Movement and Energy Prices: The Theory Of “Effective Pain”  (Read 225 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Green Movement and Energy Prices: The Theory Of “Effective Pain”
5 hours ago Guest Blogger 14 Comments
Tilak Doshi for wattsupwiththat.com

Your humble author has pretensions to theory and here is one for your consideration dear reader. Bear with me, but here it is in a nutshell. Governments and policymakers keep drumming it into our ears that fossil fuels are bad and will lead to the “end of days”. The ultimate appears in the form of oil, gas and coal. Ordinary Joe Blow will listen to the self-proclaimed climate change experts and their official sponsors. He will bear higher gasoline and electricity prices, higher airfares for his modest holidays, and even pay more for his beef since cows belch methane. After all, Joe Blow – a decent and humble fellow — wants to be a responsible inhabitant of the planet.

But there comes a point in time when the burden on Joe hits a nerve, that node of effective pain, when he explodes. It seems that is where the Germans are with the ban on oil and gas heating systems from 2024 by the Scholz coalition government. And ditto for the Americans with the loss of their natural gas cooking stoves threatened by the Biden Administration. Peak green seems to have come about as the shards of effective pain hit citizens in the West.

Let me elaborate.

The Green Cult

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/06/25/the-green-movement-and-energy-prices-the-theory-of-effective-pain/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
A Fishrrman "simple translation":

Make the price of energy -- ALL energy -- so expensive that people won't be willing to pay for much of it.

Or won't be able to afford it at all.