Author Topic: Staggering Disney box office losses total nearly $900 million for recent movies, according to analys  (Read 1044 times)

Online libertybele

Staggering Disney box office losses total nearly $900 million for recent movies, according to analysis

The Walt Disney Company lost nearly $900 million on recent movies, according to Hollywood analysis.

The Walt Disney Company suffered losses nearing $900 million on its last eight studio releases, according to box office analyst Valliant Renegade.

Disney struggled with staggering losses despite numerous notable movie releases. The financial losses of nearly $1 billion were encountered during the release of the following movies: "Lightyear," "Thor: Love and Thunder," "Strange World," "Black Panther: Wakanda Forever," "Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania," "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3," "The Little Mermaid," and "Elemental."

According to Valliant Renegade, the eight movies cost $2.75 billion, but only brought in $1.86 billion for Disney, totaling a loss of $890 million.

"Strange World" lost $197 million and "Lightyear" lost $106 million, according to Deadline.

Recent Disney movies have embraced "woke" storylines.

"Strange World" featured a gay romance.

The animated children's "Lightyear" has a lesbian kiss in it................

https://www.theblaze.com/news/disney-movies-box-office-loses
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

Moms have hit 'Oh hell no!'

Disney is in as much trouble as Butt Light... Though they have been twisting in the wind way longer.

Their venue income is down. Their streaming service is down.

Get woke go broke.

Good riddance.

Online libertybele

My kids grew up with Disney movies and I took the grandkids to many Disney movies.  But this 'wokeness' is trying to ruin the innocence of children.  I'm glad to see Disney in financial trouble. 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DB

Back in the 70's we watched The Wonderful World of Disney every Sunday.

Online libertybele

I had forgotten all about that, but we watched it as well.

Online roamer_1

My kids grew up with Disney movies and I took the grandkids to many Disney movies.  But this 'wokeness' is trying to ruin the innocence of children.  I'm glad to see Disney in financial trouble.

We did too - There ain't a lot that my mother would just stuff in the VCR and -park us kids in front of it... But Disney movies were a big one.

That trust is lost now. Nothing for it.

Online roamer_1

YEP. As a family. Maybe right after Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom... There's some memories...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Yep. But that was when Walt was running things.

I think he'd be rototilling his grave over what has happened to his dream.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
YEP. As a family. Maybe right after Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom... There's some memories...
Yep. ever notice how Jim seemed to be the one who got dirty?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

Yep. ever notice how Jim seemed to be the one who got dirty?

:yowsa:

Poor ol Jim.  :laugh:

But to be fair, Marlin Perkins was way past duffer... maybe even geezer...
Best to leave that sorta thing to the young folks, and just narrate.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

Yep, and hoped they put on a good one that week....
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online libertybele

Yep. But that was when Walt was running things.

I think he'd be rototilling his grave over what has happened to his dream.

No doubt. 

This certainly isn't the America that most of us knew.

Online Polly Ticks

Same.

:beer:

Happily, it was on one of the two TV stations we were able to pull in out in the sticks if we turned our outdoor antenna the right direction.  Kids today will never know the struggle of yelling thru the window, "Keep going ... keep going ... little more ... GO BACK!!"
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Same.

Happily, it was on one of the two TV stations we were able to pull in out in the sticks if we turned our outdoor antenna the right direction.  Kids today will never know the struggle of yelling thru the window, "Keep going ... keep going ... little more ... GO BACK!!"

LOL

Us kids didn't get to watch much tv. Well, we could. If we wanted to watch what dad was watching. Movies were a summer drive in treat. I do remember getting to play Antenna Man and Remote Control.

The wife and I did get a VCR and had some Disney movies. But it wasn't a must have thing.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online libertybele

Same.

:yowsa:

Online Hoodat

Yep.  Jim Fowler passed just four years ago.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

Same.

HA! We only had one... The local one. It was years before we got Missoula and Calgary too... and then more years before cable came to town... Now it's 200 channnels and there's still nothing on.  :laugh:

Online DB

HA! We only had one... The local one. It was years before we got Missoula and Calgary too... and then more years before cable came to town... Now it's 200 channnels and there's still nothing on.  :laugh:

Same here, one channel, NBC. That was it.

Online roamer_1

Same here, one channel, NBC. That was it.

I was right on the edge of the last generation when radio was king. At least out here.

We normally had a radio going in the kitchen most of the day, and in the shop and in the barn when we were there. I listened to radio way more than I watched TV, until cable came along. Then it was TV mornings and evenings, but back to radio at bed time... Art Bell... I listened to AM all the time out of the house. Most of my rigs never had a tape deck.

Lately I have been going back to that. Radio with my eggs. Tuning into radio instead of playing from my library. Too customized to my tastes. I want less control of it. Less predictable and open to the new. I think variety is getting hard to come by because of it.

Online cato potatoe

The last Disney movie I saw was Zootopia.  In one scene, a fox shames a bunny for assuming he was carnivorous.  Bunny runs back into the city and apologizes to the fox.  The broader plotline is subversive and cringe inducing.  If their later offerings are similar, it's no wonder the company is losing parents.

Offline goatprairie

Same.

There was more watchable entertainment on the two tv stations we got in the fifties and sixties than the entire gamut of what is broadcast now on network and cable.
There are literally no shows now on network tv that I like. The last ones I liked were CSI-Las Vegas with William Peterson and the New York one with Gary Sinise. Now everything is p.c. garbage.
Cable ain't much better.
I prefer watching old movies (and I mean OLD!! movies....you know William Powell and The Thin Man-type movies) to the garbage now on the tube.

Offline goatprairie

LOL

Us kids didn't get to watch much tv. Well, we could. If we wanted to watch what dad was watching. Movies were a summer drive in treat. I do remember getting to play Antenna Man and Remote Control.

The wife and I did get a VCR and had some Disney movies. But it wasn't a must have thing.
When people say that the entertainment today is so much better than the old days, I like to point to the lack of the drive-in movie theaters where they actually showed first run good movies back in the day.
I saw Bridge On The River Kwai at the drive-in back in 1957. Now there are virtually no drive-ins (definitely not in my area), and no good movies to see at them anyway.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
There was more watchable entertainment on the two tv stations we got in the fifties and sixties than the entire gamut of what is broadcast now on network and cable.
There are literally no shows now on network tv that I like. The last ones I liked were CSI-Las Vegas with William Peterson and the New York one with Gary Sinise. Now everything is p.c. garbage.
Cable ain't much better.
I prefer watching old movies (and I mean OLD!! movies....you know William Powell and The Thin Man-type movies) to the garbage now on the tube.

It was three channels at our house. I concur with everything else you said here @goatprairie
(That may be a first for this forum.)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2023, 02:50:46 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I hope parents are realizing they hold the real power when it comes to their kids!

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Who says there is no good news.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.