Author Topic: Florida immigrants detail their exit following DeSantis immigration law: 'I had to leave'  (Read 672 times)

Online libertybele

Florida immigrants detail their exit following DeSantis immigration law: 'I had to leave'

When David Guerra and his large family fled Florida in May, they left behind beds, mattresses, furniture and the construction tools they used to make a living. But it's when he thinks of his children's toys that his voice breaks.

“That is what has hurt me the most, my girls, who no longer have toys,” said Guerra, who is from El Salvador and who, until a few weeks ago, had a home, a yard and a business with his family in Tampa.

Their life as they knew it changed, according to Guerra, when Gov. Ron DeSantis, signed SB 1718, the immigration law that goes into effect on July 1. The law imposes strict restrictions and penalties to deter the employment of undocumented workers in the state.

Of the 10 people who lived in the Guerra house, only three children were U.S. citizens. The others didn't have legal immigration status. They left Tampa on May 30, from the same street where, a month earlier, Guerra had seen the belongings left behind by other immigrants and joked in a popular TikTok video that he would be next. .............

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/florida-immigrants-leave-state-desantis-immigration-law-rcna90839
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
8888crybaby

That wasn't an accurate post. What I meant was...

8888crybaby 8888crybaby 8888crybaby
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online libertybele

That wasn't an accurate post. What I meant was...

8888crybaby 8888crybaby 8888crybaby

Can you say ILLEGAL??

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Can you  say "Bull Biden"?

We are supposed to believe that a handyman who  made a good living as a REPAIR man left not only his clothes and his kids toys behind,but also left his TOOLS behind????

Just HOW is he supposed to earn a living at his new location when he doesn't have any tools to work with?

This whole story reeks of BS.

Don't believe me,ask  ANYBODY you know that works as a repairman.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online DB

And those three kids each cost about $15k a year to educate. That's $45k a year just for this one "family" and it doesn't even begin to pay the taxes they consume.

This is just legalized theft from the community.

Online Kamaji

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
It's start.  Like peeing in an empty pool.   It take a long time to notice a difference.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online DB

It's start.  Like peeing in an empty pool.   It take a long time to notice a difference.

Even more so for a full pool...

Online libertybele

Make things real easy and DEPORT THEM ALL!!!  Don't let them into the country in the first place.

Gee, a wall would be nice.  Grab a few billion ear marked for Ukraine and protect our borders and it would be done.

Of course we all know that the open border policy is intentional. In doing so, it equates to votes, globalization and control.