Author Topic: Al Gore’s Hypocritical Vision Perpetuates Indian Poverty  (Read 213 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Al Gore’s Hypocritical Vision Perpetuates Indian Poverty
« on: June 25, 2023, 10:23:22 am »
Al Gore’s Hypocritical Vision Perpetuates Indian Poverty
17 hours ago Guest Blogger 
By Vijay Jayaraj

As an Indian, I don’t know whether to be more annoyed by Al Gore’s condescension or his hypocrisy when he describes my country as “the world’s third-highest emitter” of carbon dioxide in a tweet congratulating it for pausing investments in coal-fired power plants for five years.

As the world’s most populous nation, India’s CO2 emissions are frequently cited by climate zealots in their demonization of the life-sustaining gas. However, such descriptions of “carbon pollution” lack as much in context as they do in scientific validity.

Comparison of Per Capita Emissions and National Average

The per capita CO2 emissions for the United States is 14.24 tons per year (2021). As we shall discuss, the number would be higher for Al Gore, who owns expensive properties and travels in carbon-intensive modes to international events.

In comparison, India’s per capita emissions for 2021 were just 1.9 tons. In other words, an Indian emits about 13 percent of the CO2 that an American does over the course of a year! Yet, people like Al Gore use the smear of “polluter” to browbeat some of the planet’s poorest people into submitting to the climate cult.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/06/24/al-gores-hypocritical-vision-perpetuates-indian-poverty/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson