Author Topic: Tornado Flips Trains, Levels Building At Wyoming Coal Mine; Responders Assume ‘Mass-Casualty Event’  (Read 388 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Tornado Flips Trains, Levels Building At Wyoming Coal Mine; Responders Assume ‘Mass-Casualty Event’

The North Antelope Rochelle coal mine south of Gillette took a “direct hit” from a tornado Friday evening, flipping trains and destroying a building. No word on the extent of the impact, but responders “treating this as a mass-casualty event.”
Greg Johnson

June 23, 2023

Update: Six Hospitalized After Tornado Blasts Wyoming Coal Mine

Campbell and Converse counties in northeast Wyoming scrambled Friday in response to a tornado that tore through the North Antelope Rochelle coal mine, reportedly tossing vehicles, flipping trains and destroying a building.

The tornado injured eight people after it touched down south of Wright, Wyoming about 6 p.m., Leslie Perkins, Campbell County public information officer, said in a press release four hours after the event.

Six of the injured people were transported to Campbell County Health; one was taken to a hospital in Douglas, Wyoming. The remaining person refused services, the statement says, adding that personnel did not classify the injuries as immediately life threatening.

By 10 p.m. there were still 10 Campbell County Fire Department units, six sheriff’s deputies and three ambulances on scene, wrote Perkins. Employees who have been accounted for have been taken to Gillette via Campbell County School District buses. There are efforts underway to transport employees who live in Casper or Douglas also, the release says.

At 10:30 Perkins dispatched another statement saying all staff had been accounted for.

https://twitter.com/wx_Brad/status/1672423782949199872

more
https://cowboystatedaily.com/2023/06/23/tornado-flips-trains-levels-building-at-wyoming-coal-mine-responders-assume-mass-casualty-event/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34