Poll

Do you believe that Trump will participate in the First GOP Debate in August?

Absolutely
6 (33.3%)
NO
5 (27.8%)
Depends on how far ahead of DeSantis he is polling
4 (22.2%)
What difference at this point does it make
3 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: August 08, 2023, 05:27:09 pm

Author Topic: Do you believe that Trump will participate in the First GOP Debate in August?  (Read 1480 times)

Offline corbe

Trump keeps GOP guessing on first primary debate

BY JULIA MANCHESTER - 06/24/23 6:00 AM ET

Questions are swirling around whether former President Trump will participate in August’s Republican primary debate.

Trump, who is leading the crowded GOP primary pack by a large margin in most polls, has been coy about whether he will be on stage with the other candidates come August.

“I like to debate. I probably am here because of debates. I don’t mind it at all,” Trump told Fox News’s Bret Baier in an interview that aired earlier this week. “But when you’re 40 points up …. Why would I let these people take shots at me?”

Yet some Republicans believe Trump will be itching for the spotlight. It will also serve as an opportunity for him to go toe to toe with his top rival, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R).

“Given his previous performances at GOP debates, it’s hard to see how he would miss an opportunity to connect with Republican primary voters,” said Ford O’Connell, a Republican strategist.

Meanwhile, it’s unclear who will even make the debate — set to take place in Aug. 23 in Milwaukee — besides Trump and DeSantis. To qualify, candidates will have to be polling at a minimum of 1 percent in at least three national polls, or at 1 percent in two national polls and one early state poll from two of Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada and South Carolina.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4065187-trump-keeps-gop-guessing-on-first-primary-debate/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

He wins debates, not by getting points across, but for being such a showman ~ "I'd lock you up!"
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DB

Trump won't miss an opportunity to be on TV in front of millions. His ego won't let him.

Offline libertybele

Trump won't miss an opportunity to be on TV in front of millions. His ego won't let him.

Agreed.  Even though he has stated that he won't participate in debates, he won't be able to stay away from the cameras and the opportunity to trash others. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I took the weed option....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Depends.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline DB

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I also believe every other candidate will be focusing on trying to destroy Trump because they know he is the REAL opposition.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

I also believe every other candidate will be focusing on trying to destroy Trump because they know he is the REAL opposition.

?? Obviously the purpose of debating is for candidates to make their stance heard on the issues; abortion, the border, the economy, etc.

I think you have things a little confused @sneakypete Trump is the one who started which you term 'destroying', by targeting the candidates themselves, childish bullying and name calling and not focusing differences on the issues. If he debates Trump would be wise to focus on his accomplishments rather than whining about losing the election or personally trying to smear the other candidates.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I think he'll participate in some debates eventually, but skip most of the early ones.