Author Topic: Former VP Mike Pence calls for a minimum 15-week federal abortion ban  (Read 507 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Mike Pence Challenges 2024 Field to Support National 15-Week Abortion Ban

Mary Margaret Olohan / @MaryMargOlohan / June 23, 2023

As his fellow 2024 presidential candidates shy away from abortion, former Vice President Mike Pence is instead embracing the issue—and calling for the 2024 field to support a national 15-week abortion ban.

The former vice president spoke out at the Faith and Freedom Coalition conference in Washington, D.C., an evangelical conference where candidates gathered on Friday.

“The cause of life is the calling of our time, and we must not rest and must not relent until we restore the sanctity of life to the center of American law in every state,” Pence said. “Every Republican candidate for president should support a ban on abortion before 15 weeks as a minimum nationwide standard.”

Pence’s remarks mirror the messaging of Susan B. Anthony Pro-Life America. In April, SBA President Marjorie Dannenfelser promised: “We will oppose any presidential candidate who refuses to embrace at a minimum a 15-week national standard to stop painful late-term abortions while allowing states to enact further protections.”

That statement came as a response to a Trump spokesman telling The Washington Post that former President Donald Trump “believes that the Supreme Court, led by the three Justices which he supported, got it right when they ruled this [abortion] an issue that should be decided at the State level.”

https://www.dailysignal.com/2023/06/23/mike-pence-challenges-2024-field-to-support-national-15-week-abortion-ban/

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Bad move Pence. The abortion issue should stay at the state level.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor

Agree. This is pure pandering. Anyone who truly understands the COTUS and intends to reform the federal government based on that framework would oppose any national restriction on abortion.

We do not need a right wing nanny state any more than we need a left wing one. Let the states alone to figure these things out on their own. If one state wants to turn itself into a decadent hell hole, then decadent people can move there and the decent people can move out, which is exactly what we are seeing.

If you think a fetus has rights (which I do not) then there should be a national abortion ban placed as an amendment in the COTUS.  Otherwise, the federal government should be in the business of defending our rights and protecting us from foreign enemies. Period.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Idiot.

This is sabotage IMO.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Mike who?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

Federal? That issue belongs to the states! What a freakin' idiot. The man just makes my skin crawl. To me he's always been a bit creepy and has no integrity.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2023, 06:34:33 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Federal? That issue belongs to the states! What a freakin' idiot. The man just makes my skin crawl. To me he's always been a bit creepy and has no integrity.

That's just it. If the Federal GOvernment could ban it, they could demand it. It is a State issue, not a Federal one, as determined by SCOTUS in the Dobbs ruling.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I think the argument could be made that the red wave was killed by the Dobbs decision. And no so much on Trump associated bad optics.

DeSantis is proud of the heartbeat bill he signed in Florida in recent remarks.

Hutchinson said he would sign a abortion bill if there is one from Congress.

Trump has't committed. Pretty much skirting the issue.

I haven't looked at the others.

Biden got endorsements from the biggest baby killing organizations. From what he and Harris have said they are babykillers, too.

The abortion issue will be the make or break for the R candidates, IMO.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
I think the argument could be made that the red wave was killed by the Dobbs decision. And no so much on Trump associated bad optics.

DeSantis is proud of the heartbeat bill he signed in Florida in recent remarks.

Hutchinson said he would sign a abortion bill if there is one from Congress.

Trump has't committed. Pretty much skirting the issue.

I haven't looked at the others.

Biden got endorsements from the biggest baby killing organizations. From what he and Harris have said they are babykillers, too.

The abortion issue will be the make or break for the R candidates, IMO.

Trump says he did more than anyone to overturn Roe v Wade. That will certainly be used against him.

The problem for the GOP is that our positions on this issue are so nuanced. Some say no abortions at all, some say 6 weeks, some say 15 weeks, some say 3rd trimester, some say no federal laws, etc.

The Dems have one position: Full and free abortions, on demand, at government expense, up to the point of birth. But for some reason we are the ones having to explain ourselves. When they have to explain themselves they simply say "I think it is a private matter between a woman and her doctor."

The follow up question to that is this: "Since it is a private matter, then you don't support public funding of abortions?" But no one ever asks that question.

Offline libertybele

Re: Former VP Mike Pence calls for a minimum 15-week federal abortion ban
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2023, 12:57:56 am »
Trump says he did more than anyone to overturn Roe v Wade. That will certainly be used against him.

The problem for the GOP is that our positions on this issue are so nuanced. Some say no abortions at all, some say 6 weeks, some say 15 weeks, some say 3rd trimester, some say no federal laws, etc.

The Dems have one position: Full and free abortions, on demand, at government expense, up to the point of birth. But for some reason we are the ones having to explain ourselves. When they have to explain themselves they simply say "I think it is a private matter between a woman and her doctor."

The follow up question to that is this: "Since it is a private matter, then you don't support public funding of abortions?" But no one ever asks that question.

Remember; abortion was returned by SCOTUS to the states.  Obviously the limits on abortion vary from state to state.

The message that the GOP needs to knock home is that Roe v Wade wasn't overturned but handed over to the states. Abortion is not completely banned and each states has different limits.

By Pence mentioning a 'federal' abortion bill -- would then reverse that.  He's going against his own party IMHO on this. He's a RINO anyways.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2023, 12:59:26 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.