Author Topic: Omertà on wind energy costs  (Read 194 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Omertà on wind energy costs
« on: June 24, 2023, 11:01:59 am »
Omertà on wind energy costs

By Andrew Montford (Net Zero Watch).

The cost of wind energy is not mentioned in all languages.

I know, I tend to repeat myself a bit about the cost of wind energy. How many times have I explained that the data is perfectly clear: that it is expensive; And that if it gets cheaper at all, it only goes very slowly. For onshore wind, the trend is even clearly upwards.

My tenacity on this subject is motivated by the refusal of the official circles to accept the facts. They stubbornly insist that wind is cheap, because wind farms have agreed appallingly low prices for power. And because trade associations and Whitehall take that as a starting point. [This is the so-called 'strike price'. That is the price guaranteed to the major electricity producers.]

The fact that no one has ever supplied power at such a price does not matter to these people. Nor the observation that wind farm developers all say that new construction will not go ahead without further subsidies. And of course, if you point to the hard numbers in the financial accounts of wind farms, they really don't want to know that at all.

https://www.climategate.nl/2023/06/omerta-over-kosten-windenergie/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Omertà on wind energy costs
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2023, 10:07:58 pm »
They have been cooking the books from day one, only looking at a small part of the equation as if it is the whole picture. It's like confining the discussion of the 'carbon footprint' of an EV to 'tailpipe emissions' without considering mining, manufacturing, and disposal/recycling.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis