Author Topic: Leftists Feeling Betrayed After Muslim-Governed Michigan City Bans Pride Flag  (Read 261 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Leftists Feeling Betrayed After Muslim-Governed Michigan City Bans Pride Flag
BY ROBERT SPENCER 7:23 PM ON JUNE 19, 2023

Leftists in Hamtramck, Michigan, are feeling a bit like parents with ungrateful children these days. After all they’ve done for the Muslim community that now has made Hamtramck the first city in the United States with a  completely Muslim city council, their former allies and proteges have turned against them and rejected the increasingly aggressive and intrusive “Pride” madness.

As Rick Moran reported Thursday, “The all-Muslim city council held a vote on Wednesday evening about flying the Pride flag on government property. Mind you, the Pride flag can still be flown by businesses and private residences. Mayor Amer Ghalib said, ‘We serve everybody equally with no discrimination but without favoritism.’”

There’s nothing unreasonable about that at all, but the UK’s Guardian on Saturday painted the whole affair in a markedly different light, stressing the palpable ingratitude of Hamtramck’s Muslims to the Leftists who did so much to help them get to where they are today. The Guardian began by reminding us all of how much the local Muslims owed to the Leftists who allied with them: “In 2015, many liberal residents in Hamtramck, Michigan, celebrated as their city attracted international attention for becoming the first in the United States to elect a Muslim-majority city council.”

https://pjmedia.com/culture/robert-spencer/2023/06/19/leftists-feeling-betrayed-after-muslim-governed-michigan-city-bans-pride-flag-n1704595
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson