Author Topic: NCAA athlete claims she was scolded by AI over prompt about trans players  (Read 378 times)

Offline Kamaji

NCAA athlete claims she was scolded by AI over prompt about trans players

By Olivia Land
June 23, 2023

An NCAA athlete has claimed she was scolded by ChatGPT when she asked the bot to shorten her tweet advocating against allowing trans women in women’s sports.

“I was trying to explain [in the tweet] that I’m an NCAA athlete, and that it’s important to champion the voice of female athletes and to stand up against this ideological war that’s going on that’s putting women in danger and taking away the opportunities for scholarships,” Macy Petty, a volleyball player at Lee University, told Fox News Digital this week.

Petty said she is inexperienced with ChatGPT, but had seen an Instagram reel touting its importance as the next high-tech frontier.

“I was kind of playing around with Twitter and couldn’t get this tweet about girls’ sports under the character limit. So I was like, ‘You know what, I’ll try it. I’ll do it once and see what happens.’ So I just kind of copy and pasted what I had wanted to say and said [to the bot] ‘get this under the Twitter character limit,’” she explained.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/06/23/ncaa-athlete-claims-she-was-scolded-by-ai-over-prompt-about-trans-players/