Author Topic: Plant-based activists demand ‘Macon Bacon’ baseball team change name  (Read 470 times)

Online Kamaji

Plant-based activists demand ‘Macon Bacon’ baseball team change name to stop its ‘glorification of bacon’

By Allie Griffin
June 23, 2023

They are fit to be fried.

An advocacy group rented out a billboard to demand Macon, Georgia’s collegiate baseball team change its “Macon Bacon” moniker to stop the “glorification of bacon.”

The group behind the sign on Interstate 16 near the Macon Centreplex — which reads “keep bacon off your plate” — is not animal rights activists but rather a medical organization, the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine.

The Washington, DC-based committee penned a letter to team President Brandon Raphael demanding he change the fan-named Macon Bacons to the “Macon Facon Bacons” in honor of a plant-based alternative to the breakfast meat.

“Macon Bacon’s glorification of bacon, a processed meat that raises the risk of colorectal cancer and other diseases, sends the wrong message to fans,” Anna Herby, nutrition education program manager for the committee, wrote.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/06/23/plant-based-activists-demand-macon-bacon-baseball-team-change-name/

Online Kamaji

At least the team isn't giving in:

Macon Bacon President Raphael said he has no intention to change the team name in a statement to local station WGXA News.

“We take great pride in the Macon Bacon naming rights (which our fans named), as we get to witness the smiles and laughter from our fan base – who have supported our branding since our inception — that stems from the brand’s lighthearted and playful nature,” Raphael said.

“We are a family-friendly organization and we are extremely grateful for our fans.”

Offline PeteS in CA

The team should thank Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine for the free publicity.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Kamaji

The team should thank Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine for the free publicity.

:thumbsup:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I don't get it.
Pigs, Cattle, chickens, sheep, goats, etc. all eat plants.
That makes them plant-based food...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Bacon does not need further glorification - it is a god among the cured meats.

////00000////

Based upon the precedent of P.E.T.A. vs South Park Cows, Macon needs to choose between "Giant Douche" vs "Turd Sandiwch" for their new team mascot.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Will this  PC  madness NEVER end?

If you don't like bacon and are insane,don't go to any of their games.

The world was NOT established solely to please you. Get OVER yourselves! Chances are even your mamas don't think  you are THAT special.

This ain't rocket science,folks
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!