Author Topic: Wrong Again: James Hansen 1988 Senate Testimony Edition  (Read 151 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Wrong Again: James Hansen 1988 Senate Testimony Edition
« on: June 23, 2023, 11:53:29 am »
Wrong Again: James Hansen 1988 Senate Testimony Edition

NASA scientist James Hansen launched climate idiocy on June 23, 1988 with his famous Senate testimony. This review of it 35 years later indicates that Hansen’s testimony was largely just hot air, which no doubt contributed to the legendary stuffiness of the Senate hearing room that day.

Hansen’s verbatim oral testimony is presented below with claim-by-claim fact checks.

###

Hansen Testimony
Mr. Chairman and committee members, thank you for the opportunity to present the results of my research on the greenhouse effect which has been carried out with my colleagues at the NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies.

I would like to draw three main conclusions. Number one, the earth is warmer in 1988 than at any time in the history of instrumental measurements.

Wrong again, Jim
We don’t know what the Earth’s temperature is today, let alone in 1988 or anytime earlier.

First, here is an image of how variable temperatures are around the world:

https://junkscience.com/2023/06/wrong-again-james-hansens-1988-senate-testimony-edition/#more-108548
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson