Author Topic: Antarctic ice shelves are melting slower than they were 40 years ago  (Read 166 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Antarctic ice shelves are melting slower than they were 40 years ago
By Jo Nova

Despite the dreaded “polar amplification” and 1,000 new coal fired plants in China, apparently the fragile Antarctic ice shelves have barely changed in the last 40 years. Indeed, instead of fragmenting, they are melting slightly slower now than they were in 1980. Naturally, the researchers *know*, as only high priests can, that things will change any day now. The tipping point is just around the corner, hiding, ready to pounce.

Mankind has emitted fully 65% of our total carbon emissions since the year 1980 — and yet it has not done much at all to the melt-rate of the ice shelves of Antarctica. In fact, if anything, climate change is slowing the ice melting.

That’s 1.1 Trillion tonnes of man-made CO2, and no catastrophe to show for it.

The new study by Banwell et al used satellite microwave data and modeling of meltwater.

https://joannenova.com.au/2023/06/antarctic-ice-shelves-are-melting-slower-than-they-were-40-years-ago/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=antarctic-ice-shelves-are-melting-slower-than-they-were-40-years-ago
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson