Author Topic: EPA Official Has No Clue How Much EVs Cost Despite Pushing You To Buy One  (Read 184 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY NICK POPE ON JUN 22, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

EPA Official Has No Clue How Much EVs Cost Despite Pushing You To Buy One

electric car chargingA top Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) official tasked with guiding the Biden administration’s emissions regulation policies was unable to approximate the average cost of electric vehicles (EVs) sold in the U.S., despite his agency pushing to largely regulate combustion engine cars out of the auto market over the next 10 years. [emphasis, links added]

Principal Deputy Assistant Administrator for the Office of Air and Radiation (OAR) Joseph Goffman admitted that he “[did not] know the exact dollars” needed to buy the average EV in the U.S. when asked by Republican Rep. Lauren Boebert of Colorado during a House Oversight Committee hearing on the EPA’s proposed tailpipe emissions regulations.

The proposed regulations would strictly limit the amount of emissions from the total number of vehicles a given manufacturer sells in a year, effectively forcing auto manufacturers to sell a higher proportion of EVs, according to The New York Times.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/epa-official-has-no-clue-how-much-evs-cost-despite-pushing-you-to-buy-one/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson