Author Topic: Massachusetts church vandalized after LGBTQ Pride flags removed: 'Stay Gay'  (Read 422 times)

Offline Kamaji

Massachusetts church vandalized after LGBTQ Pride flags removed: 'Stay Gay'

by Jon Brown
June 22, 2023

A church in Massachusetts was vandalized with pro-LGBTQ graffiti last week after church members removed Pride flags that were placed on the property by an openly gay couple renting its facility to run a preschool.

Pleasant Street Preschool, which had been renting space at Grace Community Church in Marblehead, is run by Mike Richmond and his partner Ryan Thompson, who placed Pride flags on the property to celebrate Pride month, according to local Marblehead Current.

Richmond posted a video to Instagram last Wednesday of the church member taking down the flags, who explained she was doing so "because it’s a church that does not celebrate — you can have your time, but we don’t want to celebrate it if we don’t have to."

"We’re also a church that believes in the Bible," the woman added. "We have the freedom to do both things."

Source:  https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/massachusetts-church-vandalized-after-lgbtq-pride-flags-removed-stay-gay/ar-AA1cTvKP?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=288fb3227d9e4c6e9cd118b877565ce0&ei=32

Offline mountaineer

openly gay couple renting its facility to run a preschool.
Okay, I know not all homosexuals are pedophiles, but would still be a little wary of this.

When we were in Boston in April, I couldn't get over how many churches had the rainbow flags and other pro-gay decor proudly waving. One church had rainbow-hued Adirondack chairs all lined up on the front lawn. What a fashion statement.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I thought The Almighty was pretty clear on all that.... :shrug:

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

Yeah, He is.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org