Author Topic: Drugs Now Leading Cause Of Death After Decriminalization In British Columbia  (Read 262 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Drugs Now Leading Cause Of Death After Decriminalization In British Columbia
More than a thousand people have died this year.

By  Mairead Elordi

Jun 21, 2023   DailyWire.com

Drug overdoses are now the leading cause of death for people ages 10 to 59 in British Columbia after the Canadian province decriminalized several hard drugs.

Deaths from illegal drugs are now higher than homicides, suicides, accidents, and natural disease combined, British Columbia’s Public Safety and Solicitor General Ministry said Monday in a press release.

From January to May this year, 1,018 British Columbians died from drug overdoses, a 2.9% increase over that period last year. At least 12,264 British Columbians have died from illegal drugs since April, 2016, according to the ministry.

In January, British Columbia became the first Canadian province to decriminalize fentanyl, heroin, cocaine, methamphetamine, and morphine.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/drugs-now-leading-cause-of-death-after-decriminalization-in-british-columbia
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I've said it before and will repeat:
This is "a problem resolving itself"...