Author Topic: Mexican Factories Beg For Workers; Biden’s Migrants Walk On By  (Read 159 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Mexican Factories Beg For Workers; Biden’s Migrants Walk On By
June 20, 2023

In Tijuana, manufacturing plants are desperate to fill jobs that Mexicans won’t do.

With some 14,000 openings at maquiladoras in the border town – not counting the more than 2,000 vacancies at businesses that provide support and resources for those factories – companies are looking to put minors to work on the assembly lines.

U.S. and Canadian firms want to re-shore production from Asia to avoid supply-chain disruptions such as those brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic. Notably, Detroit automakers with a presence in Mexico are eyeing investments in electric vehicle production.

But the Biden administration’s mass immigration policies are undermining Mexican-based maquiladoras by enabling more prospective workers to cross into the U.S. in ever-greater numbers.

https://www.fairus.org/blog/2023/06/20/mexican-factories-beg-workers-bidens-migrants-walk
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Mexican Factories Beg For Workers; Biden’s Migrants Walk On By
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2023, 01:43:27 pm »
They can probably live better here on welfare than they can working in Mejico. :yowsa:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson