Author Topic: Former GOP Rep. Will Hurd launches 2024 presidential bid  (Read 324 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Former GOP Rep. Will Hurd launches 2024 presidential bid
« on: June 22, 2023, 01:39:16 pm »
 Former GOP Rep. Will Hurd launches 2024 presidential bid
by Jared Gans - 06/22/23 8:18 AM ET

Former Rep. Will Hurd (R-Texas) on Thursday became the latest Republican to throw their hat in the ring for the 2024 GOP race for president.

Hurd made the announcement during an appearance on “CBS Mornings,” joining what has become a crowded field of GOP candidates including former President Trump and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis.

Hurd said during the appearance that he has formally filed with the Federal Election Commission to run for the Republican nomination.

“This is a decision that my wife and I decided to do because we live in complicated times and we need common sense,” he added. “There are a number of generational-defining challenges that we’re faced with in the United States of America.”

Hurd spent six years in the House as a more moderate member of the Republican Conference and has often been a critic of Trump.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4062131-former-gop-rep-will-hurd-launches-2024-presidential-bid/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Re: Former GOP Rep. Will Hurd launches 2024 presidential bid
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2023, 03:55:59 pm »
Will Hurd, a moderate Texas Republican and Trump critic, announces run for president
The former member of the U.S. House will likely be the highest-profile Texan to enter the 2024 race, but he’ll be a major underdog.
by Patrick Svitek June 22, 2023 Updated: 1 hour ago
Former U.S. Rep. Will Hurd, R-Helotes, announced Thursday he is running for president, becoming the first Texan with experience in elective office to enter the Republican primary.

Hurd, who represented Texas in Congress from 2015-21, begins his campaign as a major underdog. He is an unabashed moderate and a Donald Trump critic in a party where many remain loyal to the former president and frontrunner for the 2024 Republican nomination.

Hurd revealed his decision in a Thursday morning interview on CBS and followed it up online with an announcement video that began with Hurd listing illegal immigration, inflation and other problems before addressing the current and former presidents.

“President [Joe] Biden can’t solve these problems — or won’t,” Hurd said. “And if we nominate a lawless, selfish, failed politician like Donald Trump — who lost the House, the Senate and the White House — we all know Joe Biden will win again.” ...

The Democratic National Committee swiftly responded to Hurd's announcement Thursday, saying issuing a statement that said he “spent his career in Congress in lockstep with Donald Trump’s extreme MAGA agenda.” ...
Texas Tribune :yawn2:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2023, 10:21:32 pm »
One more "candidate" who will snatch potential votes from Ron DeSantis.
I doubt many (any?) Trump voters are going to switch...

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2023, 10:22:38 pm »
This guy may as well be a Democrat.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2023, 12:22:49 am »
Going for the Lincoln Project vote, it seems.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline LMAO

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2023, 03:02:38 am »
Never heard of him.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2023, 03:03:59 am »
One more "candidate" who will snatch potential votes from Ron DeSantis.

Agree @Fishrrman  It's easy money, and as RDS is seen less and less like a viable candidate,  jumping in poses no future political threat.