Author Topic: US Regulators Open Probe Into EVs That Suddenly Lose Power  (Read 255 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US Regulators Open Probe Into EVs That Suddenly Lose Power
« on: June 22, 2023, 10:46:47 am »
WRITTEN BY DAVID SHEPARDSON ON JUN 20, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

US Regulators Open Probe Into EVs That Suddenly Lose Power

car driverU.S. auto safety regulators are investigating nearly 40,000 Hyundai Ioniq 5 electric vehicles over reports of power loss while driving tied to a battery charging issue.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s preliminary investigation covers 2022 model-year vehicles after it received 30 consumer complaints alleging a loss of acceleration. [emphasis, links added]

The agency said many consumers reported a loud popping noise followed by a warning displayed on their dashboard and immediately experienced a loss of power that ranged from a reduction in acceleration to a complete loss.

NHTSA said it learned from Hyundai the failure is related to the Integrated Charging Control Unit (ICCU) responsible for powering both the main electric vehicle and low-voltage 12-volt batteries.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/us-regulators-open-probe-into-evs-that-suddenly-lose-power/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Re: US Regulators Open Probe Into EVs That Suddenly Lose Power
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2023, 11:23:58 am »
Another reason - as if another were needed - to avoid these expensive boondoggles.