Author Topic: House censures Rep. Adam Schiff over Trump-Russia investigations  (Read 526 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
By Kerry Picket
The Washington Times
Updated: 7:09 p.m. on Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Rep. Adam B. Schiff was censured Wednesday by House Republicans over his false accusations about former President Donald Trump’s supposed collusion with Russia during the 2016 presidential campaign.

The motion passed along party lines 213-209, with six lawmakers voting present with Democrats chanting “shame” and “disgrace” as the clerk read the final votes.

Mr. Schiff told reporters he was flattered that he could be considered so effective that Republicans felt the need to censure him.

“It’s a badge of honor. And I’m proud to have stood up to Trump and defended our democracy, and I will continue to do so no matter what they throw my way,” Mr. Schiff told reporters. “But these are the authors of the big lie attacking you for telling the truth and history.”

The California lawmaker stood in the well of the chamber flanked by his fellow Democrats who cheered him on, chanting “Adam! Adam!” as House Speaker Kevin McCarthy read the censure resolution aloud.

This is the second time in the past week that the privileged resolution condemning the California Democrat was brought by Rep. Anna Paulina Luna, Florida Republican.

The first attempt to censure Mr. Schiff last week failed because too many Republicans disagreed with the earlier resolution’s $16 million fine, so 20 GOP lawmakers voted with the Democrats to table it 225-196, with seven lawmakers voting present and five not voting.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2023/jun/21/house-censures-rep-adam-schiff-over-trump-russia-i/
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online libertybele

Re: House censures Rep. Adam Schiff over Trump-Russia investigations
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2023, 11:58:32 pm »
How about they oust him???
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House Republicans vote to censure Adam Schiff
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2023, 12:53:07 am »
 House Republicans vote to censure Adam Schiff
by Mychael Schnell - 06/21/23 6:48 PM ET

House Republicans on Wednesday voted to censure Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.), a rare reprimand of a sitting lawmaker that the GOP conference delivered as a rebuke for his efforts against former President Trump.

The vote — 213-209-6 — is the culmination of a week-long push led by Rep. Anna Paulina Luna (R-Fla.), which was stymied last week when a band of Republicans joined Democrats in blocking a censure resolution from coming to the floor for a vote. It advanced on Wednesday after Luna made changes to the measure.

It also marked the apex of Republicans’ years-long campaign against Schiff, who emerged as a bogeyman on the right for his unrelenting criticism of Trump’s alleged ties with Russia, and was cemented as a chief GOP adversary on Capitol Hill when he led the first impeachment inquiry targeting Trump.

A stunning scene took place after the vote, as Democrats in the chamber surrounded Schiff on the House floor, chanting “Adam, Adam.” They interrupted Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.), who had taken the gavel for the vote, repeatedly as he tried to deliver the results of the vote.

Schiff — who is currently entrenched in a competitive Senate primary against two House colleagues — embraced the extraordinary punishment, declaring on the floor in an impassioned speech that he would repeat his past actions of holding “a dangerous and out of control president accountable” if called upon to do so in the future.

“Today, I wear this partisan vote as a badge of honor,” Schiff said Wednesday. “Knowing that I have lived my oath. Knowing that I have done my duty, to hold a dangerous and out of control president accountable. And knowing that I would do so again — in a heartbeat — if the circumstances should ever require it.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4061474-house-republicans-vote-to-censure-adam-schiff/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2023, 01:20:52 am »

The Tree of Liberty really needs to be fed.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2023, 06:16:55 am »
Benny Johnson
@bennyjohnson

IT'S OFFICIAL: @realannapaulina is one of the most effective fighters in Congress.

In 6 months she has accomplished more than AOC did in 6 years.

And she’s just getting started.

Congratulations @RepLuna

7:41 PM · Jun 21, 2023

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2023, 06:19:59 am »
"The House has voted to censure Adam Schiff and he will now face an ethics investigation."  (Video)

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1671653007824437254

Offline Kamaji

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2023, 01:47:27 pm »
Here Are The Six Republicans Who Voted 'Present' For Adam Schiff's Censure
Henry Rodgers
~2 minutes

Six Republicans voted “present” instead of voting for the censure of Democratic California Rep. Adam Schiff, breaking with the rest of their party.

Republican Florida Rep. Anna Paulina Luna introduced the resolution that would remove Schiff from the U.S. House of Representatives.

The Daily Caller first obtained a copy of the first resolution, which cites the Durham Report as the reason the congresswoman believes Schiff should no longer serve in Congress. (RELATED: EXCLUSIVE: Rep. Anna Paulina Luna Introduces Resolution To Remove Adam Schiff From The House)

Here are the six Republicans:

Rep. David Joyce (R-OH)
    Rep. Michael Guest (R-MS)
    Rep. Andrew Garbarino (R-NY)
    Rep. Ken Buck (R-CO)
    Rep. John Rutherford (R-FL)
    Rep. Michelle Fischbach (R-MN)

https://dailycaller.com/2023/06/21/six-republicans-voted-present-adam-schiff-censure/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2023, 01:48:37 pm »
What is wrong with these people?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2023, 02:23:40 pm »
Congress erupts into a Schiff show after he’s censured; House Dems chant ‘shame! shame! shame!’
June 22, 2023 | Chris Donaldson

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2023/06/22/congress-erupts-into-a-schiff-show-after-hes-censured-house-dems-chant-shame-shame-shame-1370797/
Support the USO