Author Topic: Soup kitchen installs 24-hour Narcan stand to combat massive spike in opioid deaths  (Read 424 times)

Offline libertybele

Soup kitchen installs 24-hour Narcan stand to combat massive spike in opioid deaths

A soup kitchen in Saginaw County, Michigan, has teamed up with a local nonprofit to install a Narcan stand outside that is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

WNEM reported on the new Narcan stand, which provides the name-brand version of naxolone, a medication that quickly reverses an overdose by blocking the effects of opioids.

The East Side Soup Kitchen worked in conjunction with TEN16 Recovery network, a nonprofit offering addiction treatment and recovery support services across central Michigan.

The stand is reportedly next to another food provider called the Blessing Barn, which provides non-perishable food items when the soup kitchen is closed.

According to Michigan.gov, annual opioid deaths in the state have skyrocketed in the last 20 years. In 2000, Michigan saw just 183 opioid-related deaths, but by 2017 that number had ballooned to 1,941. Over the same time period, overall overdose deaths increased from 581 to 2,729..............

https://www.theblaze.com/news/soup-kitchen-narcan-stand-mi
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Unfortunately, this is a sign of the times ... especially those left out or left behind by 30 years of Globalist economic policies.

How much of that fentanyl, or its source ingredients, are being sent to us by the Chi-coms to weaken us from within?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline PeteS in CA

Is the soup kitchen next to a needle exchange place or a "safe" shoot-up place? The more self-destructive behavior is enabled, the more people will be self-destructive.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online mountaineer

The other day, I found two $1 bills on the ground in the Sam's Club parking lot. I immediately wondered whether I should pick them up, considering they may have been tainted with fentanyl and I could be killed, with nary a Narcan to be found. What a world we live in.

I picked them up anyway.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

The other day, I found two $1 bills on the ground in the Sam's Club parking lot. I immediately wondered whether I should pick them up, considering they may have been tainted with fentanyl and I could be killed, with nary a Narcan to be found. What a world we live in.

I picked them up anyway.

Well, you're more knowledgeable than I am; I had no idea that dollar bills could be tainted with fentanyl...yes, I guess I'm naive.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.