Author Topic: Justice Alito pre-emptively debunks newest hit piece accusing him of legal, ethical violations: 'Nei  (Read 357 times)

Offline libertybele

Justice Alito pre-emptively debunks newest hit piece accusing him of legal, ethical violations: 'Neither charge is valid'

.............The crux of the story is that Paul Singer, a billionaire hedge fund manager who financially supports Republican politics, flew Alito to Alaska in 2008 for a fishing trip.

But, according to ProPublica, Alito did not report the trip on his annual financial disclosure report that year. Using vague language that absolves ProPublica of making a direct accusation, the outlet claimed the omission "appears to have violated a federal law that requires justices to disclose most gifts, according to ethics law experts."

Additionally, ProPublica noted the Supreme Court has reviewed multiple cases in which Singer's hedge fund had an interest, but Alito never recused himself from the cases.

ProPublica even scandalized the fact that Alito voted in Singer's favor in one prominent case, Republic of Argentina v. NML Capital. The decision in that case was a 7–1 slam-dunk majority in Singer's favor.

Alito took the unusual step of pre-emptively responding to the story about five hours before it was published.

"ProPublica has leveled two charges against me: first, that I should have recused in matters in which an entity connected with Paul Singer was a party and, second, that I was obligated to list certain items as gifts on my 2008 Financial Disclose Report," explained Alito in a Wall Street Journal essay.

"Neither charge is valid," he declared..................

https://www.theblaze.com/news/alito-responds-pro-publica-hit-piece
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.