Author Topic: AI uncovers gigantic ancient designs in Peruvian desert some believe was alien landing site  (Read 633 times)

Online Kamaji

AI uncovers gigantic ancient designs in Peruvian desert some believe was alien landing site

By Emma Colton, Fox News
June 21, 2023

Artificial intelligence has catapulted the world into the future with platforms that can simulate how humans talk and even process information — but the tech can also help solve history’s great mysteries.

Researchers with Yamagata University Institute of Nasca and IBM Japan used a deep learning AI model to uncover Peruvian geoglyphs etched into the Nazca desert that date back to between 500 BC and 500 AD.

Geoglyphs are depressions made to the earth to create various shapes and lines, with Peru having what are considered the world’s most famous geoglyphs known as the Nazca Lines.

Geoglyphs are often massive, with previously discovered Nazca Lines reaching up to 1,200 feet long, which makes them virtually impossible to detect when on the ground.

Archeologists first uncovered the Peruvian geoglyphs nearly 100 years ago after the advent of planes, when pilots spotted the shapes from the air.

Using the AI system, researchers were able to uncover four new geoglyphs that depict a “humanoid” figure holding what appears to be a club, one that depicts a fish, another showing a bird, and one that appears to show a pair of legs.

There is debate among academics as to why people made the geoglyphs, with some speculating they wanted to honor deities who they believed could see the shapes from above, while some argue extraterrestrials played a role and the lines are remnants of an airfield for alien spacecraft.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/06/21/ai-reveals-ancient-symbols-hidden-in-peruvian-nasca-desert/

Online Polly Ticks

I kind of doubt the alien theory, but still interesting. Odd that one is just a pair of legs, though. I wonder if the artist passed away before he finished his masterpiece.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
'Eat at Atahualpa's, and drink your chicha.'
The Republic is lost.

Online Kamaji

'Eat at Atahualpa's, and drink your chicha.'

Most likely!

:silly:

Offline PeteS in CA

There are "academics" who take Van Daniken's silliness seriously? :silly: As the old joke says, "PhD" means BS "Piled High and Deep".
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Kamaji

There are "academics" who take Van Daniken's silliness seriously? :silly: As the old joke says, "PhD" means BS "Piled High and Deep".

I always thought it meant "Piled higher and Deeper"?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
What I find interesting is that there are so many ancient cultures, supposedly not interconnected, that believe in 'sky beings'.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
What I find interesting is that there are so many ancient cultures, supposedly not interconnected, that believe in 'sky beings'.

I've never been one for progressive history. I think civilization has ebbed and flowed since man first became civilized. We didn't for example truly surpass Greco-Roman society till probably 1900 when we started making rapid medical advancements. Göbekli Tepe alone has completely blown conventional theories about the history of civilization out of the water.

So could humans have been more advanced in the distant past? Very possibly. And hence you have sky being stories.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I always thought it meant "Piled higher and Deeper"?

Bull   :poo:  More  :poo: Piled Higher and Deeper
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
No quotes from George Noory or Georgio T ?
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️