Author Topic: Law student enters NBA Draft through loophole despite no hoops experience  (Read 213 times)

Online Kamaji

Law student enters NBA Draft through loophole despite no hoops experience

By Mark Suleymanov
June 21, 2023

A law student from Florida is one step closer to showing he can handle himself in multiple courts.

Jordan Haber, 21, discovered a loophole that allowed him to become eligible for Thursday’s NBA Draft — despite having no prior experience playing basketball in college, high school or middle school.

“I made a bet with my friends and I made it to the NBA Draft,” Haber said in a May 18 TikTok that went viral with more than 3.2 million views.

“I am now Jordan Haber, member of the 2023 NBA draft class, uh, soon to be undrafted class.”

Haber, an incoming student at Cardozo School of Law in New York, said he was bored one day and decided to read through the NBA’s collective bargaining agreement.

It wasn’t until he scrolled to page 273 that he found the criteria for meeting draft eligibility.

The Boca Raton, Fla., native explained on TikTok that he was eligible because of several reasons, including graduating from a school in the United States within the academic year the draft is scheduled while also being over 19 years old.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/06/21/law-student-jordan-haber-with-no-hoops-experience-enters-nba-draft/

Online Kamaji