Author Topic: DAVIS: Blue City Residents Are Finding Out Immigration Virtue Signaling Has Real-Life Consequences  (Read 243 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
DAVIS: Blue City Residents Are Finding Out Immigration Virtue Signaling Has Real-Life Consequences

WILL DAVIS
CONTRIBUTOR
June 16, 2023
10:22 PM ET

There is something happening in Chicago, as residents of the Windy City appear to be waking up to the costs of illegal immigration.

The Chicago City Council voted overwhelmingly to allocate $51 million in funding to house illegal aliens earlier this month, but not before getting a tongue lashing from many of their constituents. The City Council meeting was swarmed by Chicagoans angry that the city is dedicating so many of its resources towards illegal aliens while many residents go without quality food or housing. The residents, many of whom are African American, felt betrayed that the council and recently-elected Mayor Brandon Johnson are prioritizing illegal aliens over the city’s black community.

“We need to allocate some of this money for our black children, for the black community, we have not gotten anything for our community, and we are sick and tired of being sick and tired, enough is enough,” one resident said.

https://dailycaller.com/2023/06/16/davis-blue-city-residents-are-finding-out-immigration-virtue-signaling-has-real-life-consequences/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Easy fix:  stop voting for dems/libs/progs.