Author Topic: Activist Media Blamed Yosemite Fire On Climate Change. It Was Arson  (Read 185 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY ISABEL KEANE ON JUN 20, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Activist Media Blamed Yosemite Fire On Climate Change. It Was Arson

yosemite fireA 71-year-old man has been arrested for allegedly starting a devastating massive forest fire in Yosemite National Park that was previously thought to have been caused by climate change.

Edward Fredrick Wackerman of Mariposa, Calif., was busted Friday on suspicion of arson for allegedly igniting the Oak Fire, which destroyed 127 homes, caused thousands of people to evacuate, and ravaged nearly 20,000 acres of vegetation in July 2022. [emphasis, links added]

The suspect is facing charges of suspicion of aggravated arson, arson that causes great bodily injury, and arson causing damage or destruction of inhabited structures, the California Department of Forestry said.

It isn’t clear how Wackerman may have started the blaze or what finally led to his arrest. Mariposa County District Attorney Walter Wall said a Tuesday press conference on the case is planned.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/activist-media-blamed-yosemite-fire-on-climate-change-it-was-arson/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson