Author Topic: Agenda47: Using Impoundment to Slash Waste, Stop Inflation, and Crush the Deep State  (Read 337 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Agenda47: Using Impoundment to Slash Waste, Stop Inflation, and Crush the Deep State
Jun 20, 2023, Donald J. Trump

Video:

https://twitter.com/TeamTrump/status/1671186173404774402

Online Hoodat

LOL

Four years in office, and never thought for a second to curb spending.  Yet now he is suddenly interested in using 'impoundment' (provided that Congress gives him permission first).

Weak, weak, weak, weak.

The President doesn't need 'impoundment'.  He simply needs to not spend the money.  It's that simple.  Yet Trump spent more in four years than any other President in US history.  Slash waste?  Stop inflation?  Crush the Deep State?  This must be some kind of joke.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
Four years in office, and never thought for a second to curb spending.  Yet now he is suddenly interested in using 'impoundment' (provided that Congress gives him permission first).

Weak, weak, weak, weak.

The President doesn't need 'impoundment'.  He simply needs to not spend the money.  It's that simple.

That's what impoundment is.  It means "just don't spend the money."

For most of history, when Congress authorized spending, it meant
"the Administration MAY spend money on ..."

After Nixon, Congress changed the law to mean that
when Congress authorizes spending, it means
"the Administration SHALL spend money on ..."

It is CONGRESS that made spending MANDATORY!

We should also remember - in those days,
the "Democrats" had veto-proof majorities in both houses!
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Trump wasn't too fiscally conservative the last time he was President ... National Debt kept growing, even before Covid-19/SARS2.

The GOP President, GOP House, and GOP Senate could have cut Government spending Jan., 2017, through Jan., 2019; but they didn't.

I call Shenanigans on DC Republicans' claim of fiscal conservatism.  They are only fiscally conservative when they are the minority, opposition party.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.